Live setup equipment.

HutzC

Live setup equipment.

Post by HutzC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 pm

So I've got several venues that want me to perform, but two of them have no speakers, amps, or anything else. One of them hosts other shows but performers have to come up with their own equipment. I would like to get my own stuff to host shows at the one place and be able to perform elsewhere. I need advice on what I need and what works best for the setup I have. Using two Ds, KP3, Hercules dj mixer, behringer xenyx 802. Other guys I plan on hosting will be using laptops, turntables, dj mixers, keyboard synths. I don't want to waste money on anything I will be disappointed with. Please help.

Acid

Re: Live setup equipment.

Post by Acid » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:36 pm

In addition, there is something else as needed. Two DS in the mixer. The KP3 can go up there but it can be connected in series to the DS ...

The mixer output to pe a PC input. Output to a speaker as that you want. Thus, even a record can be solved ...
smacking snares & smacking kiss :)

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 pm

How large is the venue?

HutzC

Post by HutzC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:42 pm

The Larger venue I would need my own stuff for is a room about 20 meters by 12 meters. just guessing. What i need to know is what kind of speakers and amp I would need, also if there is something I don't realize I need.

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 am

For that large a room you will at least need a 500w power amp and (at least a 12 channel) mixer - plus bass bins if you really want to get the place pumpin'. And you'll need monitors. I would suggest calling a sound reinforcement company. Tell them what you wrote above and get a quote. If you have that much going on (multiple performers-lots of different gear), having a soundman that knows whats up can be the difference between a rockin' show and a complete clusterf#@k.

For smaller events many companies offer great small PA packages that can be expanded as needed.