I Am Synth (Has Sano abandoned DS?)

UncleBibby

Re: I Am Synth (Has Sano abandoned DS?)

Post by UncleBibby » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:12 am

The next thing Detune should do is make a direct port of Korg DS-10 Plus and Korg M01 to iPhone and iPad. I bet those programs would work great on iPhone and iPad, and I'd assume that they would sell great on those platforms. Heck, I'd buy them, and I already have them on Nintendo DSi!
WMRhapsodies wrote:I hope this one is like a presentation card for DETUNE-without-Korg,
Detune didn't break up with Korg, did they? I never heard that anywhere.
Oonts-oonts-oonts-oonts...

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:16 pm

UncleBibby wrote:The next thing Detune should do is make a direct port of Korg DS-10 Plus and Korg M01 to iPhone and iPad. I bet those programs would work great on iPhone and iPad, and I'd assume that they would sell great on those platforms. Heck, I'd buy them, and I already have them on Nintendo DSi!
WMRhapsodies wrote:I hope this one is like a presentation card for DETUNE-without-Korg,
Oh, I don't know anything about that. The fact is this app is published by Detune itself, so they are free to publish their own projects, which is good news at any case.

Maybe we can expect some more simple apps by Detune (I'm really happy with its simpleness, actually) and more ambitious projects when working with KORG? (Here's a new question for the 10.000 posts interview…).

I was just expressing my own desires, since this app looks so simple and, unfortunately, I don't think they'r ever going to release a DS10 for iOS…Because they already did!. I think iMS20 is just that, whether we like it or not. But again, I'm just speculating here.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 am

UncleBibby wrote:The next thing Detune should do is make a direct port of Korg DS-10 Plus and Korg M01 to iPhone and iPad. I bet those programs would work great on iPhone and iPad, and I'd assume that they would sell great on those platforms. Heck, I'd buy them, and I already have them on Nintendo DSi!
A direct port? That would be hard. DS-10 has been designed for the DS: the graphics and window size, the touch screen + pen interface, etc.

Yeah I think iMS-20 is the MS-20 for iPad, but I do hope for a better version....

I think Detune was just hired by KORG, they're not really related.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:45 am

As a contractor for hire, Detune needs more work than what they can get from KORG alone. This is just a good way for them to show what they are capable of doing on iOS. Might attract the attention of other audio companies besides KORG. That's all.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

UncleBibby

Post by UncleBibby » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

This is me playing the Canadian Anthem on the I Am Synth app.
Oonts-oonts-oonts-oonts...

waldÖrado

Post by waldÖrado » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm

they must fix something for ps vita maybe
that multi touch could be realy handy ;)

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 am

DS-10 Dominator wrote: Yeah I think iMS-20 is the MS-20 for iPad
Hehe, that seems pretty logical, but I remember reading somewhere DS10 synth engine is actually closer to MS20 than to MS10 (mainly but not only because MS10 has just one oscillator), even if the inspiration came from in first place from the older one (That's why I think DS10 could became iMS20 on iPad). The analog-style sequencer seems pretty much a design choice, not a matter of best or worse. I remember discussing that point when the app was released, some other people thought KORG may want iMS20 to be integrated with some other gear (I just blamed to some kind of analog-vintage fetishism): they were right anyway. Right now iMS20 supports MIDI and WIST (KORG's audiocopy). I see KORG releasing more specific apps (and I'm quite disappointed by the iKaossilator, btw), but something like a synth-studio, which more advanced and friendly song creation tools is still possible, thought. Let's cross our fingers...