CISPA, fuck it!

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

CISPA, fuck it!

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:15 am

I want to ask (urge) everyone to sign the petition against CISPA and to spread the word against it. This "cyber security" bill is made up of tons of multi-interpretable lines that could heavily change the way governments and websites handle our private data. Worst of all, they've hidden a very broadly defined regulation against misuse of "intellectual property" in there, which will 100% surely be misused by the big media industry (MPAA) against personal filesharing, remix culture, etc. Also listed on the bill is “theft or misappropriation of private or government information” which will make it much harder to put socio-critical information online that now spreads via whistleblowers to news websites. Why change the internet if it's not broken? Just like the SOPA/PIPA bills, nobody was waiting for that, and we all felt there was something fishy (corporate lobbies) about it... Signing takes a few seconds, do it.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa

-Rutger "DS-10 Dominator" Muller (internet fanatic since 1996)

soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

UncleBibby

Re: CISPA, fuck it!

Post by UncleBibby » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 am

I like the internet, ergo I signed it (and tweeted about it).

The corporate guys who create these bills must be really, really, REALLY out of touch with their sense of right and wrong. How can they rationalize what they're doing? Do they think that modern culture can continue to thrive if the sharing of information becomes severely restricted? Or do they just not care about modern culture in the first place?
Oonts-oonts-oonts-oonts...