Caustic for Android

Pandurris

Caustic for Android

Post by Pandurris » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:13 am

(I have to say, the video shows the Version 1 of the app, Version 2 has some new features)

Someone of you have played with this app??? It has some interesting features:

1 Substractive Synth (A little limited, but you can do some nice sounds)
2 PCM synths (It seems you can use your own wav files with them)
2 Bassline synths (tb-303ish like. They sound acid, but the "Accent" function is not so good in my opinion)
1 Beatbox (selectable drumkits on this)
1 Mixer
1 Sequencer

I've been trying this in my Samsung Galaxy Player 5 almost 2 weeks. You can download the demo on Google Play, but you can't save your work on it, but the unlock key is very cheap I think, considering all the tools you have (a little more than 8 USD). I can say it has so much potential. If you used Rebirth RB-338 sometimes you would see some similarities in the way of composing.

Also there's a community working on patches for the Subsynth an the other modules of the app.

And this is a good news too, There's a Windows full version you can download for free from the Single Cell Software website:

http://singlecellsoftware.com/node/184

Best thing of the Windows version is you can work on it, save your work and then just copy the file to your Android device and still work or just listen your music... I hope is someone trying this app. I think very soon I'm uploading a composition by me on Youtube or Soundcloud :D

Sinqlogue

Re: Caustic for Android

Post by Sinqlogue » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Downloading right now! Look pretty neat!

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:05 pm

i guess i should check it out? oh... only on Android and Windows :( oh well.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Pandurris

Post by Pandurris » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Finally, there's a track y composed with Caustic :D :D :D

Geolm

Post by Geolm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm

This app sounds good, it works great with my nexus 7 :) I have to test a bit more before spending 8$ on it tough.

@Decktonic: you can't get this app but at least you can use this one http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/figure/id511269223?mt=8 (ok I'm jealous)

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 pm

@Geolm: Figure is so overrated, you can make a few nice sounds with it but it has no sequencing capabilities so you really cannot make anything interesting with it. It seems much more like an advertisement for Propellerhead's other software on the desktop.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 am

Wow! Many thanks Pandurris for sharing this!
I know I'll be spending some time with this program!

fluid

Post by fluid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 am

Caustic is awesome, well worth the money. Be sure to check out the sound packs available in the Play store, too. I was just playing earlier today with an Amen kit that sounded pretty sweet. There's a number of demo packs that are free.

Also, with version 2, the machines are replaceable. You can remove one and replace it with another one of any kind. There are a couple effects that you can use with each machine, too. The guy who wrote the app wants to make it the premier Android music app. It's already the best though, in my opinion.