Rhythm Core Alpha 2 Thoughts?

ratface1987

Rhythm Core Alpha 2 Thoughts?

Post by ratface1987 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Ran across this on Synthtopia

Obviously not the same versatile experience you get with DS10, but I wanted to know if anyone here had used it or the original version (Alpha 1). What I thought looked fun was the interface which seems similar to lsdj/nanoloop (switching chords and patterns with the D pad/buttons). And the scale/solo/pad looks cool too.

Anyway... any thoughts?

BTS

Re: Rhythm Core Alpha 2 Thoughts?

Post by BTS » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I used the original program on my DSi. It's an interesting program, but it's got a bit of a learning curve to it. I'm interested in picking up Alpha 2 and see what's different.

Fun program.

drexegar

Post by drexegar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 am

I have the first one, very hard to use. But it had some great options for live play and abilities to map your patterns. It also had shortcuts to lay down tricks for you automatically for example, If you wanted manuall echo it will fill in the blank notes for it with out having to do the dirty work like on the DS-10 or M01.

It has a lot of instruments but no way of making athentic nes or gameboy music. Mostly C64 stuff. But its great for people who want more live design software and I always love to see more music software on the DS!

ratface1987

Post by ratface1987 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:24 am

Sorry to BTS for the late reply. Thanks for both your comments.

Drexegar, thanks for your input. I like the C64 sound so maybe it's worth a try. And of course you are right. The more DS music software the better. Have you tried the eShop guitar apps? They don't look the most promising but the $2 price tag always tempts me. Haha.

drexegar

Post by drexegar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I have the music on guitar its pretty of for the price and has some filters so you do have a little control over the sound, there is a regular guitar mode and another mode with panels for notes for pitch bends too. So you can do some good stuff if your playing in a electronic band or making a youtube video or something.

JAM SESSIONS 2 has a very good touch guitar with a lot of filters but you have to unlock them through beating several music sessions and difficulties. it was so hard I could not unlock the last filter, which was a chiptune filter to make your guitar play chiptune sounds.

Shamaniacal

Post by Shamaniacal » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 pm

I found the first by accident and even with some minor bugs found it great; then bought 2 within minutes of release. It has become one of my main programs of focus, among many contenders. I am working with it both for studio and live functions currently.

https://soundcloud.com/shamaniacal
http://aurorepress.com/events.html

ratface1987

Post by ratface1987 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 am

drexegar wrote:JAM SESSIONS 2 has a very good touch guitar with a lot of filters but you have to unlock them through beating several music sessions and difficulties. it was so hard I could not unlock the last filter, which was a chiptune filter to make your guitar play chiptune sounds.
Picked up Jam Sessions 1 and 2 for $3 total at GameStop while back in the States on vacation. Cool little cartridges. Too bad you have to unlock everything. I'm planning on combining them with DS10. I'll post a video once I get something worth sharing. If you hadn't mentioned it here I would have ignored it in the bargain bin, haha. ;)