Postby DS-10 Dominator » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 am

http://twitter.com/sanodg ->

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/detune-live
about 1 hour ago via web
Retweeted by you and 2 others

株式会社DETUNE USTREAM実験放送 20時開始予定
about 2 hours ago via web
Retweeted by you and 2 others

DETUNE Ltd.(my new company for making like a KORG DS-10 successor) test broadcast on ustream is scheduled in 7.5 hours...
about 2 hours ago via web
Retweeted by you and 4 others

Sano will present his new company and their first products (KORG DS-10 Successor?) on a UStream livestream today!

The rumour is that it will be iPad software.
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Re: BREAKING! Nobuyoshi Sano:"Detune makes KORG DS-10 Successor"

Postby Decktonic » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:27 am

The rumour is that it will be iPad software.

:(
Decktonic

Postby bryface » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:04 pm

so, is there any new info on this successor? or was it just a kind of announcement of the new company?

i actually hope it's not an iPad app, i don't really have any plans on shelling out money for an iPad anytime soon. instead, i think it would be great if they could release something for the Nintendo 3DS when it launches next year - it seems way more powerful and that should hopefully open up more opportunities for more advanced synthesis.
bryface

Postby Rock Kandy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 am

Agreed iPads don't look kool IMO
I want to upgrade to ds-10+ but
I feel no need to get a dsi when
the 3ds is around the corner and
backwards compatibal. A Successor
on the 3ds is another reason :)
Rock Kandy

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:41 am

I'm in a for a DS-10 upgrade, but an iPad app could be really interesting as well. Also I think it's much much easier to distribute software through the Appstore platform than through Nintendo. So I understand it from a cost perspective as well.
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby Decktonic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote:I'm in a for a DS-10 upgrade, but an iPad app could be really interesting as well. Also I think it's much much easier to distribute software through the Appstore platform than through Nintendo. So I understand it from a cost perspective as well.

Lies. DSiWare is just about as easy as the Appstore. Take it from me, as an iphone developer, they don't make it easy.
Decktonic

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Completely forgot about DSi ware. (Never bought anything there and never heard anyone talk about buying something there. But that must be just the people I know then.)

Let me do some research.
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:36 pm

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/news.asp?c=12199

How easy is it to get a game published on the App Store, compared to a service like WiiWare or DSiWare?

TK: WiiWare and DSiWare are not what I would describe as open markets. You have to run through a very strict developer approval process and may very well get rejected.

LB: With the App Store it’s a case of paying your $100 and then uploading it and getting approved by Apple. With WiiWare and DSiWare it’s not anywhere near as simple; you need a office location, around $2000 for a development kit and then extra money on top of that for getting the game rated correctly for each region you intend to publish it in.

NW: As long as each component of your software works - all the buttons take you to the right things, for example - then it’s easy to get stuff approved for the App Store. It could be buggy as anything when you get into the gameplay, or have few or no features, but that seems to be fine.

WiiWare and DSiWare are much harder, which in some ways makes the turnaround of good ideas longer but it also makes you think more about what you are making and focus on making it good.

Nintendo also have an internal approval system which, like Apple's, plays and tests your game. However Nintendo's quality assurance is significantly higher and more stringent.

You also have to pay to get your game rated by the ESRB, PEGI, Australian Ratings board, the German Ratings boards and so forth. All of these things make it that much harder and longer and therefore make you really try to step up to the mark.

In the long term it creates a smaller marketplace, which has products that are more focused on being able to make back at least their development costs.

It's ironic that the industry has clamoured over an open distribution model for ages and now that it's here, in the form of the App Store, it's actually more of a bane than a boon. You'd have thought with all the creative freedom the App Store gives you that people would be rushing to get great and unique content out. Instead it's just clones of the latest popular trend.

What I mean by this is at face value Nintendo's model seems to be corporate greed of both the developer and publisher, what with being "more focused on being able to make their development costs" and Apple seems to give much more artistic freedom.

The real irony is that while Nintendo's model may restrict elements of creative freedom for monetary gain, at the same time any company with sense will try to distinguish their software from a competitors which does push, albeit slowly, creativity.

The App Store by contrast has very few restrictions. However, due to the structure of the store and the free pricing model, all that has happened is software has dropped pretty much across the board to free and 99 cents, there are millions of clones out there and the truly innovative people are being scared away.

Seems that the Apple is a little easier on developers than Nintendo.

And I have the feeling that Nintendo really limits the save space of games/apps...
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I'll just wait and see what this application is they'll come up with. If it's great I'll probably save for an iPad. But I'll wait for the next version then, cause Apple releases new versions of devices on a yearly on shorter basis.
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby Decktonic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:00 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote:Seems that the Apple is a little easier on developers than Nintendo.

And I have the feeling that Nintendo really limits the save space of games/apps...

Yes, both are true. It will be interesting, however, to see what happens if & when downloadable games on platforms like iPhone are required to follow the same certification / ratings approval that console games do.
Decktonic

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 am

http://www.twitter.com/detune_info (view it with Chrome for automatic translation)
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am

Decktonic wrote:
DS-10 Dominator wrote:Seems that the Apple is a little easier on developers than Nintendo.

Yes, both are true. It will be interesting, however, to see what happens if & when downloadable games on platforms like iPhone are required to follow the same certification / ratings approval that console games do.

That would be terrible. What knowledge does Nintendo have of audio apps, like Midi and OSC controlling etc?
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby Decktonic » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't think I understand your question.
Decktonic

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Sorry I was vague.

I mean Nintendo has strict "quality" and "professionalism" criteria. But they're not professionals in the audio area I think. Plus tools made by amateurs can be very good as well.
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby Decktonic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:50 pm

OH, I just understood your question. When I said "certification / ratings approval that console games follow," I wasn't talking about Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't make those criteria. They are established by the ESRB. Again, has nothing to do with Nintendo. http://www.esrb.org/
Decktonic

Postby soultron » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:29 am

This would be awesome if it was DSi again, or even 3DS. Still an exciting prospect... I'll probably never has an ipad though. If I'm too cheap to find a drummer and bass player...
soultron

Postby HarleyLikesMusic » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 am

Yeah im not really up for buying an ipad :/
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator, Rat Face, CFGK24, Bryface
HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 pm

HarleyLikesMusic wrote:Yeah im not really up for buying an ipad :/

Just wait :D :D :D
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby DS-10 Dominator » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Btw.... the new rumour is it will NOT be iPad haha :D

I think tomorrow is a Detune presentation!
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Postby soultron » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Damn my poor Japanese. Why did I think all I'd have to do is order food and drinks?
soultron

Next

Return to KORG M01D General