Silent Steps Records?

AudioArtist

Silent Steps Records?

Post by AudioArtist » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:30 am

Is anyone in this forum associated, employed by, or own Silent Steps Records?
I'm only asking because someone made my track a favorite off of the Haunted Mansion WIP group. My track is set to private so the only thing that makes sense is that one of my fellow DS10Forum peeps is in cahoots with this label. I spent a half an hour digging through their 2000 followers and didn't recognize anyone. And I got tired of searching.....
Anyway, they should release my album, and my next one, and give me lots of money. :P
I'm just curious how they were able to access this track because I thought that only you guys, whom are members of the WIP, Haunted Mansion Soundcloud group would be able to get to it?

Infininja

Re: Silent Steps Records?

Post by Infininja » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Do you mean this track, which I can freely access without even being logged in to SoundCloud?

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Apparently, sharing to a group automatically changes a track from private to public. Sort of makes sense I suppose.

Infininja

Post by Infininja » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:08 pm

I haven't used SoundCloud much, so I'm not sure, but that makes sense.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:54 pm

AudioArtist wrote:Apparently, sharing to a group automatically changes a track from private to public. Sort of makes sense I suppose.
I think I should put the group to private or something... will see what I can do soon
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:01 am

DS-10 Dominator wrote:
AudioArtist wrote:Apparently, sharing to a group automatically changes a track from private to public. Sort of makes sense I suppose.
I think I should put the group to private or something... will see what I can do soon
That's a good idea. Maybe if the group is private soundcloud wouldn't default the shared track to public. Or maybe just the fact the you share a track changes it. I don't know, interesting little "bug" though.