1-second compilation!

Decktonic

1-second compilation!

Post by Decktonic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:43 pm

This is cross-posted from 8bc. I just want to see lots of DS10 artists represented in this compilation!

1-second compilation round 1: http://www.archive.org/details/1secondchipcompilation

You know the drill. Cementimental organized round 1. He was a little late on releasing it but the end result was worth the wait. Almost 300 1-second tracks from everyone you've heard of and a bunch of people you never even knew existed. Lots of delicious noise. Best compilation of all time.

So some people have mentioned that they would like a round 2. I've agreed to organize it. Here's the rules:

- You can submit up to 3 tracks.
- You don't have to use different artist names for each track like in round 1.
- I honestly don't care if it's chip or not. It just has to be no more than 1 second long.
- The theme of the first one was noise. Let's say this time around, it's more about pleasing sounds. Can you write a melody that fits in 1 second? Not that you have to :) The theme is not meant to restrict you.
- You must send me WAVs.
- The comp will be released on my label, Dual Mode Records.
- Deadline is April 30th.

EMAIL ALL ENTRIES TO: SIROKAI [at] GMAIL [dot] COM. Attach your WAVs to the email. Tell me your artist name, the names of the tracks, and optionally a URL you would like to be credited with. That is all.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

UncleBibby

Re: 1-second compilation!

Post by UncleBibby » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:23 pm

This is the kind of thing I would love to try. So, if I set the beats-per-minute to 240, then I get 4 beats in that one-second, right? Or have I got the math wrong?
Oonts-oonts-oonts-oonts...

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 pm

yep.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

I like the idea. Sort of like creating a logo tone for a TV ident.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I don't like it, don't think it's fun to listen to, too random (though that's the point of course). But good luck :)
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey Decktonic, I could give you a second if you don't mind. :)
Listening to the first one reminds me of Mike Pattons group, Fantomas. They have alot of 20-40 second tunes that sound alot like that.

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 am

Cool guys! Looking forward to your entries :)

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:15 am

AudioArtist wrote:Hey Decktonic, I could give you a second if you don't mind. :)
Listening to the first one reminds me of Mike Pattons group, Fantomas. They have alot of 20-40 second tunes that sound alot like that.
Check out John Zorn's Naked City which Mike Patton was a member of before Fantomas. Actually the first Naked City album is awesome -the one with the dead gangster cover- and has some very short bursty songs (Mike Patton was not yet a member).

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:25 am

Syscrusher wrote:
AudioArtist wrote:Hey Decktonic, I could give you a second if you don't mind. :)
Check out John Zorn's Naked City which Mike Patton was a member of before Fantomas. Actually the first Naked City album is awesome -the one with the dead gangster cover- and has some very short bursty songs (Mike Patton was not yet a member).
Thanks for remining me about that Syscrusher. I've never listened to their stuff, but I have heard some of what john did with Mr. Bungle.

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Decktonic, you should have a wav. from me. Let me know if you didn't get it, and if you like it.
Also I'd like to change the title to- "I'm picking up a chime player on sonar sir!" whatever it won't kill me either way.
And can I post it here? or do you want to keep it undercover until the release?

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Syscrusher wrote:
I love Torture Garden

freejazz, hardcore, grindcore, freegrind, grindjazz, jazzcore ;)?
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 pm

DS-10 Dominator- freejazz, hardcore, grindcore, freegrind, grindjazz, jazzcore
Whoa!! that sounds cool!!

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Hey AudioArtist, I got your track and your update. Don't release it yet, I'd like to keep them a surprise... and the release date is not too far off.

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Decktonic wrote:Hey AudioArtist, I got your track and your update. Don't release it yet, I'd like to keep them a surprise... and the release date is not too far off.
Cool! I'll keep it secret. :) Thanks for letting me join in.