DS-10 Stories #7 "Hot Spring Spa Meeting" 02/06/10

CardiacTrance

DS-10 Stories #7 "Hot Spring Spa Meeting" 02/06/10

Post by CardiacTrance » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Sano had an another interesting wish besides having DS-10 seminars for kids.
He wanted to have a DS-10 party at a traditional Japanese hot spring spa inn(ryokan).
And again, Gulliver made it happen(Isn't he just so awesome?). He contacted the inn,
Seiransou, in Yugawara, Kanagawa. 35 DS-10 people signed up for it, and spent a night
together, bathing, eating, drinking, and playing the DS-10!

Okay, I want to introduce some cultural stuff in Japan in order to make this story comprehensive.

About "onsen,"
- An onsen is a term for hot springs in the Japanese language, though the term is often used to describe the bathing facilities and inns around the hot springs.
- Onsen come in many types and shapes, including outdoor and indoor baths.
- They are a major tourist attraction drawing Japanese couples, families or company groups who want to get away from the hectic life of the city to relax. Japanese often talk of the virtues of "naked communication" for breaking down the barriers and getting to know people in the relaxed homey atmosphere of a ryokan(Japanese inn) with an attached onsen.

Cited from: Onsen(4 March 2010 at 07:52) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About "Ryokan"
- A ryokan is a type of traditional Japanese inn dating from the Edo Period(1603-1868), when they served travelers along Japan's highways. They typically feature tatami-matted rooms, communal baths, and other public areas where visitors may wear yukata and talk with the owner.
- Most ryokan offer dinner and breakfast, which are often included in the price of the room. Most visitors do take their meals a the ryokan, which usually promote themselves on the quality of their food.
-Some ryokan have a communal dining area.

Cited from: Ryokan(27 February 2010 at 02:24) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"DS-10 Hot Spring Spa Meeting @Yugawara" 02/06/10

Yugawara is a beautiful rural town by the ocean, and quite famous for the hot springs.
My sister and I took 2 hours-long train ride to get there. It was a cold, but a nice day.
About 13 of us got together at the train station and took a bus to the inn. Around 4:30, all of us gathered there and checked in. It was a very traditional stereo type inn. There was a small room with ping pong table and vided game.
sign.jpg
Photo by CardiacTrance
We were divided to several rooms: 2 family rooms, a non-smoking guy's room, a smoking guy's room, a Korg room, and a lady's room where Suzu and Tomo (Kobits), my sister, and I stayed. There were several baths in the facility, but there was only one outside bath. Men and women shared it by taking turns. It was the men's time until 6 o'clock. Some guys quickly changed to Yukata (traditional style pajama typical in this kind of inn) and went out to take a bath before the dinner. I decided to explore each rooms. I went into the biggest room (non-smoking guy's room), and quickly found out they were just above our room. They had piled up their crazy techno making equipments and were ready to party all night. I was like, (Oh, no...).
machines.jpg
Photo by Mather
I also went into Yonao's room. He was staying there because he was not feeling really well. Ritsu poured some tea for my sister and I and we had a little tea party there talking about the latest Ghibli movies and stuff.

At 6, I changed, grabbed towel and went to the outside bath with my sister. It was already dark out.
There was a red bridge over the river in between the bath and rest of the facilities. "Wow, it's pretty!"
She and I said it at the same time. The fancy bridge and the greens around were lit with lights and the bath was located in the woods. When I opened the wooden door to the bathing area, we saw a little waterfall coming down from the rocks above us, and there were beautiful ferns and moth growing. We quickly took our clothes off, washed our bodies and got into the bath. Gosh, it felt so good. The temperature of the water was just right, and I could smell the woods. Super!!!

I saw something quite shocking from the bridge when we were on the way going back to the building.
Men's public bath was just across from the outside bath and there were a bunch of naked guys in it.
There was a wall, but it was semi-transparent, so I could kind of recognize some of my friends there.
I waved them, and some of them waved me back. It was funny.

Just before 7 o'clock, we went to the banquet hall on the first floor with our DS-10s in hands.

"Oh my gosh!" "This is amazing!" "Super g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!"
As they went into the hall, they expressed their feelings. Some of them just started to laugh.
It was a huge hall, all tatami-matted, and about 35 sets of fancy Japanese cuisine were already there waiting for us. On the stage in front, there were AQ Interactive's speaker system and inn's karaoke machine.
Above the stage, there was the big hand written sign says, "WELCOME, KORG DS-10 SYNTHESIZER FRIENDS!!"
banquet.jpg
Photo by CardiacTrance
"Please take a seat. We will serve drinks shortly"
The service lady said, as she lights up the candles under the small portable grills on each one's meals.
On the big table in center, There were huge sets of sashimi (raw fish) on the ship shaped wooden tray garnished with herbs and flowers. When everybody was walking around deciding where they wanted to sit, Sano went up to the stage and started to sing. It was freaking amusing. Lots of us filmed him sing.
stage.jpg
Photo by Mather
After the service lady poured drink in everybody's glasses, the banquet party started!!
Whoever wanted to play got on the stage and played their DS-10s. We clapped our hands and cheered.
We filled each others sake cups again and again, and everybody's cheeks started to turn pink.
I was on the stage several times with Gospely, playing the famous hot spring song on DS-10 and stuff.

All the food was so delicious. There were snow crab, grilled fish, some tempura, seafood stew, sashimi, and so on! We had lots of beer, sake and other drinks too.
dinner.jpg
Photo by CardiacTrance
My friend, a big fan of Perfume, who was sitting next to me stood up and brought his DS-10, started the sequencer, left it on the stage, came back to the floor, and started to dance to Perfume's popular number "Chocolate Disco" in front of everybody! He remembered all the choreography.

Things were getting wild and chaotic. Everybody had smiles in their faces.
drunken.jpg
Photo by Mather
I had a gift for Sano, which is a drawing of him on the cross. It cracked him up so I put that on the stage.
drawing.jpg
Photo by Mather
Tukuru did the real-time beatmaking on DS-10, without changing this odd pose for about 5 minutes.
tukuru.jpg
Photo by Mather
Cosmo and Uran from Cosmoworks played the really cool psychedelic trance, and lots of people started to dance. We went too crazy and loud even got complains from the other banquet hall next to us.
Watanabe was especially going crazy with a beer bottle in his hand.

At 10 o'clock, we left the banquet room (because we were suppose to), but our party was not over at all!
We went back to our rooms and opened up bottles of all sorts of booze at non-smoking guy's room!
We drunk, played DS-10 and some instruments, and talked about synthesizers and stuff.

I went into the Korg room where developers of DS-10 and Korg people stayed. They were drinking as well.
Sano was already sleeping on his futon mattress, breathing peacefully. I called up all the girls to take them look at him. Sano is hot. Who would want to miss his angelic sleeping face?

Then I went down to Cosmoworks' room. Cosmo and Uran were in the room drinking and talking. They were quite new to the DS-10 world, and I think they were being little shy. We had a drink together and chatted for a while, and Watanabe also came into the room. His face was bright red and he was sweating. It seemed like he took an another bath after the dinner. Watanabe took all of us to the Korg room.
More info about Cosmoworks:
http://www.myspace.com/cosmoworks

Mr.Kanamori shared his favorite brand sake with us. It was really, really good. Very smooth and flavorful.
We talked with Mr.Okamiya, Mr.Mitsuda (Who did the Chrono Trigger music!) and Mr.Nakagawa.
Sano sometimes woke up, talked to us just a bit, and went back to sleep.

Somebody brought a bottle of Shochu, which is a Japanese hard liquor. That one was crazy. Usually shochu contains about 25% alcohol (50 proof), but the one contained 38% (76 proof)! My friend tasted it and started to cough. I took a sip, and it burned my throat. Watanabe poured it on a big plastic cup and drunk it up at once!! He lurked away after that. I thought he went to the bathroom to puke or something.

It was around 12 o'clock midnight. Watanabe totally passed out and was sleeping on the mattress.
I was at the entrance of the Korg room with some guys, talking about hairy crabs and how yummy they were.
Mr. Nakagawa started to talk about wild pigeons and how stinky and horrible they were.
Then Gospely joined and told us about deer meat he had before and how disgusting it was.
Vanovat came and joined us with a jar of pickled Halocynthia roretzi in his hand.
(I was like "eww!" but it was actually pretty tasty.)

I went back to the room and saw Watanabe puking on the mattress so I got a cup of water and told him to drink it. He did not respond. I tapped his shoulder and called his name loud, but he did not wake up.

"Oh, no. Watanabe is not really conscious"
Clover came up and we quickly checked his vital sign. Watanabe's skin was pale and he was shaking.
Occasionally he growled loud and kept puking. He reacted a bit when I pinched him.

"Okay, this is no good. Hey, wake up and drink some water!"

Mr.Kanamori and Tsukuru helped us turning his body to the recovery position so he would not choke.
We took his Yukata off because it was all covered with hit vomit, put a new one and covered him with a blanket.

Some of us kept monitoring his pulse.
They are the DS-10 people. They are good at figuring out BPMs, you know.
While we were watching him, we were discussing if we should call for help or not.
Sano woke up and was watching us with a blank face.

All the sudden, Watanabe growled painfully. There are my sister and Ritsu sitting by Watanabe's feet.

"What the heck are you guys doing over there?"
"Foot massage!"

They kept doing it again and again and Watanabe screamed everytime.

"It's good for his health."

They were freaking smiling. They looked like they were totally enjoying it.

"Do you guys like to torture people or something? Are you freaking sadists?"

"Well, it is a good idea keeping him awake." Said Clover, pinched his thumb really hard.

*Aghhhhh!!!!!!!*

Watanabe screamed so painfully again.
Sano, still on his mattress, took his iPhone out and called 119 (emergency).

It was two in the morning. We saw the red light of the ambulance outside, and soon after, the EMT came into the room and checked him. Later he was carried out from the inn.
Gulliver went to the hospital with him.

Rest of just stayed in the inn, waiting for Gulliver to call if Watanabe is okay.

I went into non-smoking guy's room, and found the bottle of "the" shochu.

"Let's beat it for the sake of Watanabe!!"
We finised it up. (No worries. There were about 6 people, and not much left in the bottle.)
Most of us were still awake and chatting. I messed around with FL Studio and Stylophone, with Mryat for a while.

I took an another bath around 3 in the morning and went to bed, slept for about 4 hours, woke up, and watched Shinkenjyaa, a children's TV show Koishistyle wrote a song for. I saw his name on the screen.

My sister and I took a morning bath at the outside bath. We gathered at the banquet hall for the breakfast. Everybody looked tired and some of them looked like they were having hangovers. The food was really good though.
breakfast.jpg
Photo by CardiacTrance
We checked out around 10 o'clock and most of us just headed home. I stayed in Yugawara for a while,
with 5 others, explored the town a bit and bought some souvenirs.

In the train on the way home, we got online with our mobile phones.

"It's Watanabe!"

Watanabe was fine, and wrote something on Twitter;

"My d**k hurts."

We were all like, WTF????? :?:

I asked him couple of questions and shortly found out, after he was carried into
the hospital unconscious, he was .....freaking..... catheterized. Oh, no, poor Watanabe.

Next morning, he woke up not remembering anything, got freaked out, and yanked
his IV and the catheter out. :shock:

Then Gulliver wrote;
"Well, it must hurt as heck every time he takes a piss. But I'm glad he was not killed."
"He won't be able to j**k off for a while though."

We started to laugh crazy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except for the part Watanabe almost died, it was a good hot spring trip!!
watanabe.jpg
Photo by CardiacTrance

Thanks for reading!!
CardiacTrance / Yotsuchi Systems
Graphic Design, Illustration, animation, electronic music.
Official Web(portfolio): http://yotsuchi-osc.sakura.ne.jp/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cardiactrance/
SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/cardiactrance

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Re: DS-10 Stories #7 "Hot Spring Spa Meeting" 02/06/10

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 pm

CardiacTrance wrote:
Some of us kept monitoring his pulse.
They are the DS-10 people. They are good at figuring out BPMs, you know.

LOOOL

This story really cracked me up CT. :cry: :mrgreen:

Cool to read about Japan and about all the fun! Give Watanabe a hug for me when you see him ;).
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

CardiacTrance

Post by CardiacTrance » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:11 pm

DS-10 Dominator:
Hi! Thanks for reading! And I'm so glad you liked the story.

Yeah DS-10 people are BPM freaks. I know a DS-10 dude who claims he has an
Absolute BPM Detection or Perfect BPM Detection skill or something. lol

I will give Watanabe a hug for you next time.

bryface

Post by bryface » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am

You know, CardiacTrance -- if you were to take out all the pictures and videos, this would all end up looking like some really bad fanfiction.

so thank god all these things actually happened =)

CardiacTrance

Post by CardiacTrance » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 pm

bryface:
I wish my English was good enough so my stories would sound cool,
without pictures and movies. I can't write in the sophisticated way...

bryface

Post by bryface » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 am

CardiacTrance wrote:bryface:
I wish my English was good enough so my stories would sound cool,
without pictures and movies. I can't write in the sophisticated way...
haha no, your english is really very good. i'm just saying the stories sound a lot like if a small child were imagining in their head all the weird and crazy things their childhood comic book/anime heroes are doing, like hanging out in a hot spring =)

CardiacTrance

Post by CardiacTrance » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 pm

bryface:
Oh, I see.
It's awesome all the things are actually happening, isn't it?

Sometimes, I think lots of the DS-10 players look like they still have the mind of
little kids. They are big kids really happy with their awesome little toy, DS-10.
There is no offence in my words. I think it's really cool to have a pure mind like children.