New York Comic Con and 8static 4th Anniversary

Decktonic

New York Comic Con and 8static 4th Anniversary

Post by Decktonic » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello all,

I played a couple shows this past weekend!

On Friday Oct 12 I played a set at New York Comic Con in support of ShiftyLook, a webcomic project by Namco-Bandai (all the comics are based on classic Namco games). I played a 1 hour set with the KORG DS10+ (and a couple iNanoloop tracks). You can watch my entire set here:

http://www.twitch.tv/shiftylook/b/335302398 (just skip ahead to 5:13:00).

This set featured a lot of songs from my upcoming album "Forgotten Machines" which I plan to release before the end of 2012.

The response was excellent! I got a lot of compliments from people and everyone was dancing and having fun.

Then on Saturday Oct 13 I played my track "Forgotten Machines" for the 8static 4th anniversary show as part of their alumni showcase (I played my first DS10 set at 8static in February of 2011, such a long time ago!). The response was great:

Anyway, it was a fun weekend and I was pretty tired when it was all over. Now I just need to wrap up all the little details for my new album and get it released!
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

bryface

Re: New York Comic Con and 8static 4th Anniversary

Post by bryface » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:55 am

hey man, caught some of the shiftylook streams as well as the 8static audio stream, looked like mad fun. if only i had a decent excuse to live in NYC for a while!!

i'm curious, do you have any knowledge about how the chipmusic involvement with shiftylook.com came about? how much of it was initiative/planning on Jessen's end?

if it's convenient enough, i just thought it might be worth contacting shiftylook to see if they're looking do to similar types of events on the west coast..

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 pm

so a lot of it was Jessen, he's been building good connections with groups like this, just like his work with Lomography, my understanding is that he convinced them to feature chipmusic as part of their show. That being said, apparently there was a similar chipmusic showcase at the last San Diego comic con, with I/O and ShiftyLook.

anyway, ShiftyLook *loves* chipmusic, and you should definitely reach out to them. You should also send your stuff to Jessen, and it wouldn't hurt to get in touch with the Pulsewave SF crew and the Seattle guys as well. Jessen is at Blip right now but I'm sure he'd love to hear your stuff when he gets back.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

bryface

Post by bryface » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 am

oh ok then, yeah it's good to know how these joint collaborations came about. the shiftylook crew seemed really excited and cooperative, which seems to me to be usually not the case whenever any other non-chip entity hosts something chip related.

i'll keep that in mind though, the getting in touch with jessen bit - we've had a couple of convos about I/O, and i'd certainly like to make a visit happen. it's just a matter of logistics and money =)

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Some short videos from my set on Friday:

and

was fun!