M01 compilation idea "The Chase"

PuglyWont

Re: M01 compilation idea "The Chase"

Post by PuglyWont » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 pm

I'll write something for this compilation.

Should be fun.
Music is the pleasure the human soul experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting. - Gottfried Leibniz

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Hey, yesterday sketched something that made me remember this compilation project...

(track removed...working on an improved version)
Last edited by WMRhapsodies on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Maaaan! Should have bought M01 sooner. Looking forward to listening though :)
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

HarleyLikesMusic wrote:Maaaan! Should have bought M01 sooner. Looking forward to listening though :)
Hey, but this has not even started yet...You still have time, man :)
Last edited by WMRhapsodies on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 am

WMRhapsodies wrote:
HarleyLikesMusic wrote:Maaaan! Should have bought M01 sooner. Looking forward to listening though :)
Just paid £540 for a flight to Peru and currently saving another £700 for the 3 weeks i'll be there aha, so maybe next time :)
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

bowie

Post by bowie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 pm

HarleyLikesMusic wrote:
WMRhapsodies wrote:
Just paid £540 for a flight to Peru and currently saving another £700 for the 3 weeks i'll be there aha, so maybe next time :)

how the hell did you get this sound :shock: how long did it take to do,sounds great well done.

bowie

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 pm

HarleyLikesMusic wrote:
WMRhapsodies wrote:
Oh, right, M01 is not inexpensive really. Have a nice trip then!.

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 pm

bowie wrote:
how the hell did you get this sound :shock: how long did it take to do,sounds great well done.

bowie
This "how the hell did you get this sound" expression confuses me…, plus the strange quote…Are you actually referring my track and using sound="song"? (do you realize sound creation is not an issue on M01?-except for some extreme layering/use of effects which is not the case here-). If this is the case: This was made really quickly. I don´t know…maybe 4 hours. Is actually quite repetitive isn´t it?. Once you get the basic patterns for each section you just need to move things up and down, and M01 makes this edition tasks much easier and faster than DS10. There is not much works on dynamics, which is the painful part on M01. Plus, it wasn't fully sequenced: I was playing the scenes (patterns) live, …I expect to work a lot more on the drums, guitar and bass parts for a more finished version, and even layering some DS10 fx…And thanks for listening!.

And about your question on some other post about M01 compatibility: M01 is not region locked, you can run M01 on each and every ds/ds lite/dsi/dsi XL/3DS (am I forgotten any?…) of the whole world. Do not worry at all!.

bowie

Post by bowie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:24 am

thanx for the reply,i have not yet got a copy of M01 yet so am not familiar with what sounds it does,also new hear so please be patient i am only learning.

bowie

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 pm

bowie wrote:thanx for the reply,i have not yet got a copy of M01 yet so am not familiar with what sounds it does,also new hear so please be patient i am only learning.

bowie
Yes man, no problem, I just wanted to clarify these points before actually answering you. Do not hesitate to use the forum for to ask about any M01 features. I'm very glad you enjoyed the track, and welcome!

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:37 pm

The 'Sound' that you can create on M01 is yours to decide through:

1. Orchestration - you have 8 instruments/drum sets to use in your composition - you cna choose these 8 from the 300 included preset instrument banks.
2. Changing the preset sounds - You can change the Attack and Release for each instrument only.
3. Dynamics - Each individual note can have it's own volume level set.
4. Effects- you can choose whether or not the selected FX (delay, Reverb) applies to each instument - on an individual basis.

This means that you can re-create the 'Sound' of a Jazz Band, or classical orchestra, or '80s pop track.

For example - when I'm doing an old time String Band piece - I use the more authentic sounding Acoustic Bass as a Double Bass, banjo, guitar and String quartet for the Fiddle. There are fret sounds located in the guitar instrument and you can use these to replicate an authentic acoustic sound or you can use the guitar sound drum bank to also help here.
You do have polyphony but one other trick is to use two of the same instruments and adjust the Pan slightly and even the attack or Release on one of the instruments to 'thicken' out the sound or to make it sound like two musicians playing together. . . . .

bowie

Post by bowie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 am

Cfgk24 wrote:The 'Sound' that you can create on M01 is yours to decide through:

1. Orchestration - you have 8 instruments/drum sets to use in your composition - you cna choose these 8 from the 300 included preset instrument banks.
2. Changing the preset sounds - You can change the Attack and Release for each instrument only.
3. Dynamics - Each individual note can have it's own volume level set.
4. Effects- you can choose whether or not the selected FX (delay, Reverb) applies to each instument - on an individual basis.

This means that you can re-create the 'Sound' of a Jazz Band, or classical orchestra, or '80s pop track.

For example - when I'm doing an old time String Band piece - I use the more authentic sounding Acoustic Bass as a Double Bass, banjo, guitar and String quartet for the Fiddle. There are fret sounds located in the guitar instrument and you can use these to replicate an authentic acoustic sound or you can use the guitar sound drum bank to also help here.
You do have polyphony but one other trick is to use two of the same instruments and adjust the Pan slightly and even the attack or Release on one of the instruments to 'thicken' out the sound or to make it sound like two musicians playing together. . . . .

wow loads to do then,thank you for posting most helpful to me.

bowie

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 am

Right, nice explanation, Cfgk24, that's a much more rational way of describing sound creation on M01 than what I've suggested.

----------

Anyway, the whole point about me uploading that track (removed right now, sorry) was to see if there were some interest in re-activating this compilation idea....