Is it possible to...

dcer10

Is it possible to...

Post by dcer10 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Has anyone found a way to do:

-a relative transpose of multiple notes. I know you can transpose individual notes, and I assume that drawing a select box around multiple notes will transpose them all to a specific pitch, just wanting to be able to transpose a selection or bar relatively (ie drop all notes by 2 tones for example).

-copy and paste steps within a bar, ie start with a 16 step bar, change to 32 step bar, copy 1st 16 steps to 2nd 16 steps

I know its not possible, but I REALLY wish that the M01 kaoss pad could also control filter/resonance/decay type parameters as well as input notes, I also wish there was a proper arp, maybe with the keyboard.

WMRhapsodies

Re: Is it possible to...

Post by WMRhapsodies » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm

dcer10 wrote:Has anyone found a way to do:

-a relative transpose of multiple notes. I know you can transpose individual notes, and I assume that drawing a select box around multiple notes will transpose them all to a specific pitch, just wanting to be able to transpose a selection or bar relatively (ie drop all notes by 2 tones for example).

-copy and paste steps within a bar, ie start with a 16 step bar, change to 32 step bar, copy 1st 16 steps to 2nd 16 steps
The first question kind of confuses me...But I would say your assumption is wrong. The copy/paste of multiple notes works just as you wish. You can copy multiple notes within a bar too. This video may help you:

What the video doesn't show (because it's off-screen) is you need to set the top left button on "SEL" before drawing the box to select the notes you want -starting on an EMPTY square (the notes selected will get darker)-, then pick any of the notes selected and the whole set of notes can be moved left, right, up and down (transposing by semitones).

Also, if you make any change on velocity or gate all the notes selected will be affected.

Same for copying a set of notes except for instead of "SEL" you have to set the top left button on "COPY".

Did you by the way noticed (on the main screen) you can move or copy a whole scene (column) by pickin on the number on its top instead of in any of the patterns?

Hope I explained myself!.

dcer10 wrote:I know its not possible, but I REALLY wish that the M01 kaoss pad could also control filter/resonance/decay type parameters as well as input notes, I also wish there was a proper arp, maybe with the keyboard.
Yes, I would like that too :D. Anyway, building you own arpegio is not hard once you know how to duplicate sets of notes :oops: :D . In fact, what I would like is this copy/paste feature (or the sequencer itself) could be locked on a scale, so you didn't need to vary some intervals after copying a set of notes just to keep in scale.