M10: Restart loop when no more samples in step sequencer?

starovich

M10: Restart loop when no more samples in step sequencer?

Post by starovich » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 am

I have a song with just a couple of samples placed in the step sequencer.

However, when loop mode is disabled the M10 seems to continue to steps that have no blocks laid out.

Is there a way to make the M10 loop correctly (detecting that the track is "finished" and restarting playback?)

Barfunkel

Re: M10: Restart loop when no more samples in step sequencer?

Post by Barfunkel » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:23 am

As far as I know, no, it's not possible. You either loop one pattern, or play the song from start to finish.

It would be DAMN useful if you could set up it to loop, say, 4 patterns, instead of just 1. It's a bit awkward to create 64-step patterns for example, it'd be easier if you could have 4 16-step patterns and just loop all of those.

Cfgk24

Re: M10: Restart loop when no more samples in step sequencer?

Post by Cfgk24 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:04 pm

It might be useful to try this:

1. Ensure 'Lock' is on

2. you can jump to any Patterm ( 1-99) by tapping the respective pattern number at the top of the Sequencer Pattern Map. You can do this whilst the song is playing. -

- Hence - when you reach bar 90 - you cna jump back to Bar 10 ( for example) but you have to be quick!
You can do this whilst the song is playing. - also use the A and Y buttons to skip to next Pattern or jump back to previous pattern - Play it Live !!!
3. Build in 'Breathing space' break patterns that give you a bit of time to jump

4. Extend your Patterns to 64 Beats to give you more soloing space

I hope that helps! :)