Re: Korg M01

Post by alex » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 am

This all seems very sudden.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 am

Just asked a few questions to one of the developers, some new info:

There is no screen like DS-10's "pattern selector", but by touching "bar" button on the main screen you can change "patterns". And there is a Lock function to stay in the beat.

YES!
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:14 am

koishistyle | August 31, 2010
All sound from KORG M01 software on nintendo DS Lite.

"'KORG M01' is a palm-sized Music Workstation for Nintendo DS.
http://www.detune.co.jp/blog/?page_id=63

this song is FamilyMart store jingle cover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OGAar...

KORG DS-10開発スタッフによるDS用新音楽ソフト「KORG M01」が発表されました。

先日8/30の「株式会社DETUNE会社説明会」というイベントで初お披露目となりましたが、光栄なことにそのイベントでのデモ演奏を依頼され、一週間ほど開発途中版ですがソフトをお借りすることが出来ました。

この曲は、その際に作成、演奏した曲です。
ニコニコ動画で去年あたりちょっと流行ったあの曲のアレンジですw

すべてKORG M01(nintendo DS Lite一台のみ)で演奏しています。
ソフトの詳細はこちらから→ http://www.detune.co.jp/blog/?page_id=7

都合上、動画を録ることが出来ませんでしたので、音のみです。
微妙に公式っぽい動画ですが、あくまで非公式のユーザー制作動画・音源ですあしからず...。
later on in this video there's some more info about M01
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.25.06 .png
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.25.01 .png
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.24.53 .png
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.24.31 .png
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.24.09 .png
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.23.59 .png
Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 08.23.51 .png

ChrisLody

Post by ChrisLody » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:13 am

WMRhapsodies wrote:
DS-10 Dominator wrote:
that's why I said the m01 is kind of a General Midi studio, I think...
OK, now I get it.

I wish it would be like ChrisLody says but this maybe would be really too much for a DS with the poliphony and all.
I fear you could be right. I suppose there's no way the ds is gonna go from 2x real time filters in ds-10 to 12x in M01. Maybe they will be nice enough to atleast give us pitch and volume contols with lfo's and envelopes as this should be within the ds's capabilities i reckon. It would still leave plenty of room for sound design as many bits of hardware have proven over the years like the Roland sound canvas, yamaha's sy-35 (the non FM half) and even Music/Music 2000 on ps1 had this ability.

It is worrying not to have read the word Editing anywhere though. I'll save my excitement till i know more about the finished product.

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 am

DS-10 Dominator wrote:Yeah, but let's face it: a program like Nitrotracker can sound pretty much the same, or not? We'll have to see. I think this interface will suit me 100X better though.
Totally agree. I'm gonna love it, no doubt. The step sequencers and kaoss pads will make it much more enjoyable, but after messing with some of this homebrew sampled-based sequencers this do not seem so special to me as DS-10.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:09 pm

New? stuff....

soultron

Post by soultron » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Decktonic wrote:Just saw this video and I wept tears of joy.
This video gives me alot of hope.
D&D Sluggers will sound like J-pop when this drops.

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 pm

All these videos and songs to share and we have to wait til December at best to have it? What a bunch of jerks.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:01 pm

and we can't even place a pre-order outside japan...

soultron

Post by soultron » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Speaking of not having money... Did I miss what it would cost somehow?

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm

5980 Japanese yen = 55.3182713 Euros = 70.78526 U.S. dollars = 45.8305342 British pounds

I can see they're definetly expecting a more mainstream appeal for this...

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 pm

I should say that DS software usually sells for less in the USA... I wouldn't expect it to cost more than $50.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

KidQuaalude

Post by KidQuaalude » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:52 am

I'm pleased that Korg have allowed another virtual synth on the DS but without more info I'm not getting too excited.

In fact, until it is announced it can sync with DS10 I'm not bothered about it. Its a real shame that DS10+ cannot be synced when in dual mode :( I have no idead why this was blocked in DS10+...

If there is sync and at least ADSR editing of sounds and editing of drum tuning I'll definately pick it up.

Looks like this will be compatible with all ds versions. Question is do DSi owners get a dual mode?

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 am

KidQuaalude wrote:I'm pleased that Korg have allowed another virtual synth on the DS but without more info I'm not getting too excited.

In fact, until it is announced it can sync with DS10 I'm not bothered about it. Its a real shame that DS10+ cannot be synced when in dual mode :( I have no idead why this was blocked in DS10+...

If there is sync and at least ADSR editing of sounds and editing of drum tuning I'll definately pick it up.

Looks like this will be compatible with all ds versions. Question is do DSi owners get a dual mode?
What I've heard is that they left out syncing because nobody was using it on DS-10. I wasn't either, because I would only use it for BPM-following etc., but tempo is locked on sync mode.

Too bad they didn't (or were maybe not able to) develop it further.

About M01 and DS-10 syncing: maybe you should ask detune_info or sanodg on twitter?

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah I don't even use dual mode on my DS10+, it's just too much to manage. I do my songs at half speed to get more pattern space and usually I'm content with 2 instruments and 4 drum tracks.

I could sync up 3 DS10s if I wanted to... but haven't.

ugocapeto

Re: Introducing: KORG M01

Post by ugocapeto » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:55 pm

i seriously doubt you're gonna be able to change/edit the presets, that's probably why they give you 300 of them.

i think it's a nice complement to the DS-10 and it will fit nicely in anybody's music oriented cart collection.

To have the DS-10 and soon the M01 on the DS is actually more than i had ever imagined. So thank you AQI and now Detune.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 am

Detune website google translated:
SOUND

The introduction of the KORG expertise generously,
Packed with high-quality sound expressive.

Part multitimbral sound source 08 is that "M1 Piano" and other data M1 as well as all the PCM waveform, M1 01 music workstation equipment, along with the inscription / W also includes selected data from the waveform. KORG M01 incorporates many new sound was created for, and that included over 300 sounds practical at the time but feel the air.
Since these are organized by sound category in the browser can request access to your music quickly and attack each instrument to assign and / release (the drum sounds and tuning) can be adjusted. You can customize the sound he wanted more.

Sound Browser

The two tone synth sounds and drum sounds are in use.
Synth sounds "A (attack)" "R (released)," drum sound every part "L (Volume)" "T (tone)" "P (orientation)" can be adjusted.
SEQUENCER

Imagination quickly sublimate into music.
Newly designed sequencer system.

Literally established a status as a single unit to create total performance for music M1. Sequencer section is definitely the name of this Music Workstation, M01 in the Nintendo DS has become an interface for utilizing the new system.
8-track sequencer is the core of the music workstation, you can assign to each sound of each track, it is possible to produce a wide variety of music.

Pleasant sensory input stylus,
Sophisticated sequencer interface.

Go to different modes of function buttons on the touch screen. Simply touch the desired name from the sound of the tone switch the sound browser.
In addition, each mode has been optimized for stylus input, the sequencer screen, just put pen 鳴Rashitai sounds OK. Of course, by the sound velocity (volume) and gate time (length) can also edit. Just my brain and fingers, please come together and experience means pleasure and the music we create.

Image Image
TOUCH CONTROL

Seeking the possibility of more free music.
Touch control lead to the next dimension creators.

Korg KAOSS PAD KAOSSILATOR and touch controls are adopted and well received by. Chaos mode and input performance, as well as easy to enjoy music and even if you are not entering the knowledge and expertise of music professionals who make use of our novel as a source of unexpected phrases.
The chords played in chaos mode as well as for any single note scale / can be entered. Further expands the world of imagination.

KAOSS PAD
MIXER

As a cornerstone of making the last sound
8-track mixer equipped with key features and necessary.

The exit of the mixer to round off the sound, panning and volume balance, solo / mute button on the other, and each track ON / OFF can be a master effects, reverb / delay (switchable) is provided.
The sound quality of the sound driver after determining the mixer, KORG DS-tuned by the company are 10 手Gaketa Procyon Studio, you can enjoy the sound hardware performance elicited.
DATA EXCHANGE

With colleagues, and to interact with other creators.
Expand your world of music data exchange.

Data Exchange with the Nintendo DS's wireless capabilities, music data can be exchanged with other users.
Good music can replace a meeting with a colleague, they are very in tune to analyze the data received even crazier, they are very complete songs will relay the data to multiple people.
Will stimulate your creative spirit and music and meet other users.
ABOUT US

DETUNE the music and TV have put together a human body in the field of game production
"Even if I say so ridiculous, there is commitment, and do something fun!"
Under the thought that company was founded.

The living room TV has emerged so far from the game time has passed since a child about to become parents.

Now, it is quite common in the proximity of a hard game
You say the reality is that people enjoy so many games from children to adults.

Other hand, was lower hurdle thanks to announce changes in the environment and the variety of music production,
Not merely listen to music, have come to feel that could send their familiar creative tools.

All seem to look completely different, "music" and "game", but
It is close to the case of both entertainment and'm always continue to attract people's minds, I think.

We like the hot magma Feeling that have accumulated on past games and music,
Games with people, I think I want to create something new and interesting music, and linking.

MEMBERS

Michio Okamiya ■ (Michio and wolf) / (shares) DETUNE President
1990, (Co.), Square (Square Enix present) joined the publicity department. Advertising producer / producer, responsible for many titles. Also in 2003, Nobuo Uematsu's band "The Black Mages" guitarist / arranger for participating, and do a tour with the orchestra played and overseas. 2006, left the company, (Inc.) AQ Interactive joined. Officers involved in aside, as a producer "KORG DS-10" and in charge.
2010, (Co.) AQ Interactive and leaving, Inc. DETUNE established.BLOG: waste Kangaetemo

Yasunori Mitsuda ■ (Yasu Nori lead oxide) / (Inc.) DETUNE Director
1992 (Ltd.), Square (now Square Enix), joining the 1995 debut Chrono Trigger composer. "Cancer Hazard" "Xenogears" after working with such composition, independence in 1998. Procyon studio founded in 2001 and is currently president of the company. Then, "Zenosagaepisodo I" London Philharmonic Orchestra, the Korean MMORPG "LIME ODYSSEY" magazines including the Czech Philharmonic Collegium, the topic will be pressing ahead with the orchestra in the recording world. In recent years, currently being broadcast and TV animation production artists, "Eleven" in charge of music or while working in various fields.BLOG: Mitsuda's Diary / The Brink of Time

Sano Nobuyoshi ■ (Nobu Yoshi's is) / (shares) DETUNE Development Director
Since 1992, Namco (Namco Bandai now) teams enrolled in the sound. "Ridge Racer" series and "Tekken," including a series title sounds responsible for many hits. In 2001, he joined Co. caviar, "Drag" and 手Gakeru the overall sound. In 2008, developed by producer / director, software synthesizer for Nintendo DS "KORG DS-10", year "KORG DS-10 PLUS" manufactured. Use this unit only KORG DS-10 "Trio The DS-10", all songs sung KORG DS-Garuzuyunitto only made 10 "DG-10" also produced. 2010, (Co.) AQ Interactive and leaving, Inc. joined DETUNE.

COMPANY INFO

Corporate Name DETUNE (the threshold detuning doctor turnip)
Established on May 6, 2010
President Michio Okamiya
Ota Ward, Tokyo Head Office
Capital 900 million yen
Music production software, production, sales and delivery of Business Music Main

SITE POLICY

<Copyright>
Ltd. site DETUNE (hereafter the Company) is offering.
All rights, including copyright information contained on or provided through this site are owned or managed by the Company.
The information is "personal use" or "quoted" unless permitted by the Copyright Act, such use (copy, modify, upload to a network, post, transmit, distribute, license, sell, publish, etc. included) that is prohibited unless prior written consent of the Company.

<Links>
You are free to link to this site. If you do not have to answer the query whether or not also reach the link.
From this site, the content of other third-party site that links to our site or is responsible shall be managed by their respective companies, which are not under our control.
In case you have problems using the site for each destination, so shall bear responsibility for that site is linked, so thank you you deal with your own risk users.

ChrisLody

Post by ChrisLody » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks for that Dominator! So there is atleast some limited editing of the melodic sounds, Attack and Release will do i guess. For the drums 'Volume' is obvious, i'm guessing 'Tone' is to adjust the pitch of the drum and 'Orientation' i guess is pan.

I'm now left wondering if pattern length can be longer than 1 bar of 4/4. I'd hope so, other wise it'd seriously restrict the piano roll style sequencer.

Loving the translated japanese byt the way, "Just my brain and fingers, please come together and experience means pleasure and the music we create." :lol:

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:06 pm

ChrisLody wrote:Thanks for that Dominator! So there is atleast some limited editing of the melodic sounds, Attack and Release will do i guess. For the drums 'Volume' is obvious, i'm guessing 'Tone' is to adjust the pitch of the drum and 'Orientation' i guess is pan.

I'm now left wondering if pattern length can be longer than 1 bar of 4/4. I'd hope so, other wise it'd seriously restrict the piano roll style sequencer.
" (maximum 64 steps per a sequence)"

so probably 4 x as long as DS-10
Loving the translated japanese byt the way, "Just my brain and fingers, please come together and experience means pleasure and the music we create." :lol:
Hahah

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:32 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote: Good music can replace a meeting with a colleague, they are very in tune to analyze the data received even crazier, they are very complete songs will relay the data to multiple people.
Will stimulate your creative spirit and music and meet other users.
Yes indeed.