I just loove my KORG M01!!

Tao

I just loove my KORG M01!!

Post by Tao » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi all!

I tried KORG DS-10 a little when it came some years ago. It never impressed me. I wanted to COMPOSE MUSIC and I felt that the only thing I could use the DS-10 for was loops. I will read this forum carefully to learn more about the DS-10 though as I understand that the DS-10 has a LOT of possibilites and en huge deaph!

Anyway I got my KORG M01 a couple of weeks ago and it really blew me away! WOW how fantastic this synth is!!! This is truly the ultimate music making synth on the NDS! I have done 9 songs now on the M01 and they really sound AMAZING!

Think about if the M01 could have the DS-10 synth integrated in the same cart! that would be something ;)

cheers from Sweden

ChrisLody

Re: I just loove my KORG M01!!

Post by ChrisLody » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:04 am

Tao wrote:
Think about if the M01 could have the DS-10 synth integrated in the same cart! that would be something ;)
That would be good, the dsi could probably manage that judging from ds10+.

Great to hear you are enjoying M01. Iv'e not tried it yet but i think ds10 is more suited to my style of music making as i like to involve a lot of sound design, so i guess its just down to personal preference which people would prefer, choice is always good i think. I'd like to get a copy of M01 to experiment with, it would be liberating to have so much polyphony compared to ds10.

Have fun!

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Great to hear you're enjoying the Korg M01!

Have you posted one of your tracks yet?
DS10+ is much better than ds10 for composing thanks to the improved song mode and the Dual mode.

I'm enjoying playing live sets on my M01 with use of the mixer.
The M01 has a much more sensitive keyboard for some reason . . . . . and you can play the piano roll whilst the sequencer is playing.. a big shame you can't repeat the whole song automatically . . . .

Tao

Post by Tao » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 am

Cfgk24 wrote:Great to hear you're enjoying the Korg M01!

Have you posted one of your tracks yet?
DS10+ is much better than ds10 for composing thanks to the improved song mode and the Dual mode.

I'm enjoying playing live sets on my M01 with use of the mixer.
The M01 has a much more sensitive keyboard for some reason . . . . . and you can play the piano roll whilst the sequencer is playing.. a big shame you can't repeat the whole song automatically . . . .

I havent posted any track yet. Im not sure how im going to transfer the sound in the best way yet. I have to read the transfer thread =)

Sounds really intresting about the mixer. Is it also possible to add external effects to each individual track? If so the M01 would be the best thing ever ;)

I love DS10 as well now. I have been fooling around with the DS10 the last 15 hours or so =) Fantastic Synth. But as you say I have to try the + version. Its really fun to be able to create your own sound in DS10. But im not sure if the songs are really getting better on the DS10 than M01. They got more personal sound but that isnt equally to better.

Im looking forward to post some songs from both DS10 and M01 when I have learned how to do it.

Cheers

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Each track can have the sole onboard 'effect' applied or not this is either reverb, (levels can be set) Delay (again, can be set. or or nothing. These effects are 'onboard' and the tracks can't be singled out once exprted via the headphone jack.....
I have 2 Dsi and 2x M01 so one can play the song whilst I jam in real time with the 2nd Dsi - they do not synchronise with each other though..... :cry: