M01 Sound Change Hack

gloko

Re: I found a way to change the sounds on M01

Post by gloko » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:00 am

wow this is sick ! :shock: big up ptmir ;)
I decided to give it a go... working out all the regions on the wave file it's a lot of work, and auto region needs a lot of fine tuning. I will test with a couple of sample for now

what about the smplpara.bin.mod file ? I suppose it contain parameters of the wave data file, like start /end point sample number and so on ...any idea on how to access the info ?

Ultraman

M01 Sound Change Hack

Post by Ultraman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:58 am

Very interesting, thank you for this hack

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Re: M01 Sound Change Hack

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 pm

But hackers: please also buy M01 if you love this program. It's one of the few ones on DS, support it!
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Woah! Sweet, man! Awesome idea, i give my support all the way. I love the easy sequencing options and layout compared to nitro tracker, but like bryface said before, some of the sounds are too cheesy for their own good. If it's impossible to make it a real sample sequencer, at least we can make a better library!

I understand how DS-Dominator feels though, but 100 bucks can be a lot of cash to shell. If you can do it just to show support, that's great. It still is paying almost nothing compared to "real" synths/sequencers.

I'll be checking this thread a lot to see the progress and help when I can! Collecting more samples.

Have you thought that maybe you should make a list of the samples you've already taking out so people can focus on what other ones to change? I mean, being that you need the same amount of time for a sample, you want to make sure that the old and the new sample are the same length, no? And you wouldn't have to choose from different samples users sent for the same old one to put in the final rom file.

Cheers on the endeavour!

Sonof8Bits

Post by Sonof8Bits » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:00 pm

"Sorry, the file you requested is not available."
Could someone re-up the M01 data file? I'd like to have a stab at this.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JordyVision Blog And Website
Soundcloud
Prowess Records

starovich

Post by starovich » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:10 am

This is very interesting, and it's impressive how the samples for the M01 are 16-bit PCM 44.1 khz!

If we could extract the times where every sample ends and a new one begins from the ROM, we could make a program to change the samples. :)