Glide and Pitch Bend

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Glide and Pitch Bend

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 am

There's no way to do glides (portamento/glissando) by overlapping notes is there?
I've heard it's possible to do sort of a fake pitch bend by setting a really high bpm for some part and filling it with lots of short notes.... seems not so pratical?

I think this is quite a pity because it added to the charm of a lot of old school tracker (module) music
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Cfgk24

Re: Glide and Pitch Bend

Post by Cfgk24 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 pm

You are right - no pitch bend available or portamento unfortunately.
Some of the sounds do have a built in Vibrato that starts to occur if the note is over a certian length and some of the voices are close to sounding pretty realistic in terms of what a real musician would be playing.
Of particular interest is the guitar percussion sound drumset which allows you to program string noise, slides, wheezes, slaps and plectrum clicks.. . . if you put these over the guitar sounds - they sound pretty authentic!!! You can put in pitched slides here too!

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:19 am

soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Tao

Post by Tao » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 pm

In one song I have been using feedbacker. And if you play one chromatic lower note (only for one step) from the actual note that is going to be played. The note you want to bend to is played at the same time but that note is sustained for example 4-6 steps. Then it actually sounds a little bit like guitar bending technic. Especially if you double the feedbacker with some wave or saw form synth (to give it a more warm sound).

Try it. I have done it with some sucess a couple of times. Dont know how well that works on other instruments though.

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 pm

@Tao: Do you think you could bend from more than just one lower chromatic scale? Have you tried say 2 or 3 notes lower? Have you experimented with upper notes?