Soundcloud problems

robowist

Soundcloud problems

Post by robowist » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:40 am

I've been spending a considerable amount of time trying to resolve some problems I've had uploading to Soundcloud, and I've finally made a breakthrough. But now a new issue has appeared: When I go to the view the tracks posted on this forum, the embedded Soundcloud files appear with a blank box and a red x in the upper left corner. If I click in the box nothing happens. I thought this might be a problem with my flash player settings, but tinkering with those doesn't seem to help. A while back, this wasn't an issue on this computer.

I can play the stuff on the soundcloud website just fine. I can also view the source on the forum's page, dig for the url of the soundcloud file, and paste that into another window and play the file from that screen.

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem and how I might fix it.

AudioArtist

Re: Soundcloud problems

Post by AudioArtist » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I've just recently begun to have the same issue. I haven't spent the time to try and figure it out though. A bit frustrating because dropping in to listen to peoples DS tunes is one of the high points of my day sometimes.

UncleBibby

Post by UncleBibby » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:28 am

I've also been having problems seeing the SoundCloud embeds! I've started including URLs in my song-posts just so I can listen to my own songs!

Does it have anything to do with the new updated version of FireFox? The embeds work fine in Safari for me, but not in FireFox.
Oonts-oonts-oonts-oonts...

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:57 am

I'm not sure, like I said I haven't bothered to try and correct the problem. I'm using Internet Explorer so obviously it's occuring with multiple browsers. Maybe, it's some change that Soundcloud has made? The strangest thing about it is that the widget for the Haunted Mansion - WIP still does appear for me but individual tracks do not. ??

robowist

Post by robowist » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:12 am

I've tried this on a number of different computers--both at home and at work--and the problem appears in all of them. I wasn't sure whether the widget utilizes the flash player, but I tried uninstalling and reinstalling that application, and it didn't correct it.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

there seems to be a problem, probably sc changed something, let me see....
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:31 pm

strange things happened, Chrome (my main browser) was the only one still working

I think I fixed it now...

for me it works on mac in FF + Chrome + Safari

robowist

Post by robowist » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks DS-10 Dominator! All the embedded wigets are working now, so I'm looking forward to giving some tracks on the forum a listen today. 8-)

And thanks for listening to "In C(org)". I know it's a lengthy piece, so it means a lot when someone invests their time in it.