The Wound

WMRhapsodies

The Wound

Post by WMRhapsodies » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:26 pm

A quite dramatic, abstract track for wind instruments and "voices". Edited on Garageband with compression, eq, reverb and pitched 200 cents down (I already have modified my scale habits when working on M01, taking lower notes as reference- C3 instead of G4 for minor scales, for example-, but still, almost always I find this little trick make the tracks sound better to me).

Hope you like it, any comment or criticism is very welcome as usual:

http://soundcloud.com/iac/the-wound

PuglyWont

Re: The Wound

Post by PuglyWont » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Very evocative.

That's interesting that you pitch it down. What do you mean by changing your scale habits... that you find you naturally compose to a different scale on the M01?
Music is the pleasure the human soul experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting. - Gottfried Leibniz

WMRhapsodies

Re: The Wound

Post by WMRhapsodies » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:25 pm

PuglyWont wrote: that you find you naturally compose to a different scale on the M01?
No, in the sense of the kind of scale (major, minor...or in this case, none. Intentionally, at least). Yes in the sense of trying to take a lower set of notes than I would usually do for the middle tones (chords or arpegios, usually) because I always have found that whenever I need some brightness it all just become too high/bright at the end. I try to compensate this way the brightness and lightness of M01 sounds (for my taste, at least). That would be not a problem with DS10 since you can always change the sounds and make them sound darker.

Pitch down on GarageBand works amazingly well if you do not go too down (I've never tried to go up :D ), and it also adds some slightly distortion I like.

I'm glad you found it evocative, that's the very intention here.