M01 cinematic episodes (WIP)

WMRhapsodies

M01 cinematic episodes (WIP)

Post by WMRhapsodies » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Ok, here come some sketches (or, as I'm gonna call them, episodes) from a gigantic M01 file. I say gigantic because I have many different sections (like nine) than can be more elaborated and enjoy a more delicate sequencing...I would like to listen at your sugerences and criticisms before trying to take them to a more definitive shape.

They started inspired in some south korean thrillers I've been watching lately. Really excessive stuff. First I wanted to create just a kind of incidental music, mixing some electronic percussion with more classical stuff...Finally one of the drum tracks become a piano, and meanwhile I was happy to discover de Orchestra Percussion set...

Anyway, here are some, with an alternative, strings and tuba, take for 6. I hope I'll post some other episodes soon:

M01 cinematic episodes 3, 4 (starting at 1:44 with a theme reminiscent of GATTACA) & 6 (3:39):

http://soundcloud.com/iac/m01-cinematic-episodes-wip

The alternative version of 6:

http://soundcloud.com/iac/m01-cinematic ... es-episode

PuglyWont

Re: M01 cinematic episodes (WIP)

Post by PuglyWont » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Episode 3 is really good. I like that dissonant piano. It keeps it on edge...

Episode 4 is good too. Horns never sound on these things, but you get the most out of it.

Episode 6 is really upbeat...

I don't really have suggestions about fleshing them out... this is the stage where it's always tricky for me... building a good idea into something more.
Music is the pleasure the human soul experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting. - Gottfried Leibniz

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:27 am

Hey, thank you, PlugyWont. The dissonant piano came by accident and indeed, it turned out to be maybe the most interesting resource there. I actually love this kind of accidents. This initial episode is the more polished and the more inclined to my initial intention, but I really don`t care if I got too intense or bright eventually. On the other side, I didn't find easy at all to make something incidental without losing any interest...I still have to try to really accomplish with that purpose I think.

I forgot to mention this two tracks are edited more or less as The Wound is. Not as much reverb, but still trying to thicken the M01 sound.

odradek7743

Post by odradek7743 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow, it's difficult to compose orchestral music. magnificent and emotional, great!

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 pm

odradek7743 wrote:Wow, it's difficult to compose orchestral music. magnificent and emotional, great!
Thank you!, I'm very glad you like it. And sorry about the missing track, I was thinking about replacing it for a new version, but got discouraged at some point.