Anthony Seeha - M01 Soulful House (First Original Song)

AnthonySeeha

Anthony Seeha - M01 Soulful House (First Original Song)

Post by AnthonySeeha » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:37 pm

http://soundcloud.com/anthonyseeha/anth ... 01-soulful

Hey everybody! How are you guys doing? =)

School work has been getting the best of me lately. Since I had free time yesterday, I quickly put together this song. It's my first original song on Korg M01. I really think the bit from 1:15 and on could use some vocals. I'm at a loss for that, though. Check out the M01 piano solo at 2:47, too! :D

I'm working on a recreation of a Ridge Racer song called Naked Glow on M01 and a DS-10 Plus progressive house song thing. I'll finish those up whenever I can.

Thoughts on this song would be greatly appreciated. =)

UncleBibby

Re: Anthony Seeha - M01 Soulful House (First Original Song)

Post by UncleBibby » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 am

This is really good! It's really funky, but sort of sentimental, kinda like the End Credits theme of a videogame. And you definitely chose some instruments that fit really well together, and that can be hard considering how many instruments there are on Korg M01.

One thing I noticed is at around 2:16 you put in one of those reverse-cymbal sound effects to build up to the clashing-cymbal that marks the next section. Unfortunately the rising number of voices cuts it off before it ends. All you have to do to fix that is delete a few notes, I'm thinking. Anyways, well done!

By the way, I look forward to your Ridge Racer cover, and the progressive house thing. And regarding your soundcloud description of this song, I make almost ALL my songs in one day, it's not necessarily a bad thing!
Oonts-oonts-oonts-oonts...

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Seems like a mix of Andrew Gold and Earth Wind And Fire to me, on a housey beat. Structure wise I think it is very strong and catchy, but somehow I miss the a raw and personal character of your DS-10 music. Could use vocals yes, why not do it with a cool lead sound? Or sing on it.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:52 am

Very well done.

I'm looking forward to that DS10 thing, obviously.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

AnthonySeeha

Post by AnthonySeeha » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Thank you for the feedback. =)
DS-10 Dominator wrote:...somehow I miss the a raw and personal character of your DS-10 music.
I was really inspired by a producer named DJ Kawasaki. I really liked his music, so I just wanted to make something similar to it. I was just trying something new here. I could never do anything like this on DS-10. xD But thank you. =)
UncleBibby wrote:One thing I noticed is at around 2:16 you put in one of those reverse-cymbal sound effects to build up to the clashing-cymbal that marks the next section. Unfortunately the rising number of voices cuts it off before it ends.
Yeah, I realized that. That's a great suggestion. I will leave it as it is, though. xD

Edit: And I'm not good at naming songs. The only reason I haven't uploaded the DS-10 Plus song yet is because I don't have a name for it. I don't even have a name for this song. I'll think of something... x_x

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 pm

AnthonySeeha wrote: Edit: And I'm not good at naming songs. The only reason I haven't uploaded the DS-10 Plus song yet is because I don't have a name for it. I don't even have a name for this song. I'll think of something... x_x
I'm bad at it too. Maybe you should crowdsource your song names! Get your friends to come up with names, then pick the best ones :)
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases