bryface - "drops"

bryface

bryface - "drops"

Post by bryface » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Alrighty, here's my first M01 track!

it's kind of a mishmash of different styles because i was eager to throw as many genres as i could at it in this first song, just to see how well the M01 would be able to handle it =)

BTW this would not have been possible without the copies of M01 that the japanese DS-10/M01 community gifted to my during my time in Japan, so this song is dedicated to them.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Re: bryface - "drops"

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Wow, an impressively funky and catchy mishmash! Reminds me of George and Jonathan!
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote:Reminds me of George and Jonathan!
Wow, nail on the head. Ditto.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

bryface

Post by bryface » Sat May 12, 2012 6:41 am

DS-10 Dominator wrote:Wow, an impressively funky and catchy mishmash! Reminds me of George and Jonathan!
thanks! actually i was thinking -- have you ever checked out pxtone? It's the program that George and Jonathan use, the interface is basically made up of a bunch of pianorolls. i think they would feel right at home with the M01...

makes me wonder, also, whether the choice of interface lends itself to writing in particular styles. for sure, i would have found it really hard to write a song like this in a tracker - i've had lots of experience with trackers, yet i find it much easier to tweak and visualize chords in pianoroll form.