What The Funk?!

Wildman00sax

What The Funk?!

Post by Wildman00sax » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am

Just a little something something. Trying out the funk/ jazz side of the KORG M01. Sounds good to me.
Tell me what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/wildman00sax/what-the-funk

Decktonic

Re: What The Funk?!

Post by Decktonic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Impressive. Not my style of music but it's cool that you were able to get such a full sound out of such a tiny program :)
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Axfinger

Post by Axfinger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 am

Man Wildsax, that's really cool. I like the progression a lot, the rhythm really keeps everything going in this one. Everytime I go through the soundbanks looking for a voice, that glissando sound always seems like it would be an attractive thing to use, and you used it well. This is really the direction I've been headed with my music recently. I grew up listening to Jazz, Blues, Funk, etc. but jazz in particular was always too hard for me to play and write for, and whenever I tried I wasn't satisfied with the results. I'm planning on getting so more of this sort of music going on my M01 soon. Again, great work on this one.

Wildman00sax

Post by Wildman00sax » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 pm

@Decktonic
Thank you. :) I'm amazed at the depth of sounds this program can create. It can be used for a variety of styles.

@Axfinger
Thank you. I had been hearing this song in my head for a while. It's kinda more jazzy than funky, but it can be heard both ways. I grew up listening to jazz and motown mostly.
I just like expanding upon the capabilities of the workstation. Making new combinations of sounds and all.

Thanks for listening!

pesu5ieni

Post by pesu5ieni » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Very nice. You can really draw out the best sides of M01 here.
Sounds like a lot of effort was put into this. All the melodies sound really nice and everything fits in the song perfectly.
Keep at it!

Wildman00sax

Post by Wildman00sax » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:52 am

Wow! Thank you. I'm busy making more stuff. Mostly experimental things. I've been out of it for a while just trying to find some new sound, or find some inspiration. :?