Urgent song help

EvilEstella

Urgent song help

Post by EvilEstella » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey everyone, i have owned the korg ds 10 for a while though not truely spent enough time to look at it.
I have a performance next week and would initially like to use the korg, even if it is only for litrally a minute with a song.
I just need help, is there any preexisting patches and songs made, with a step by step view how to make it, initially cheating but i need help.

Also if i go onto the main view, click song , it then says stop playback and process, i click yes then put some notes in the boxes, press play then nothing happens? why is this?
Please help everyone im super stuck

Cfgk24

Re: Urgent song help

Post by Cfgk24 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Evil,

There are 2 demo songs on the cart (load them up from the load screen)

Have a look at the 'song mode' - you will see that there are 16 'patterns' that you create.
The song mode enables ds10 to automatically play the patterns in a set order that you specify. i.e you tell it to play pattern 1 then pattern 2 then pattern 4 then pattern 3 etc. . . it then loops back to the beginning of the 'song'

Note that Korg ds10+ is slightly different from Korg ds10. . . .

EvilEstella

Post by EvilEstella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:59 am

Hi, i am using plus so will this make a difference and also where is the "cart"? Thanks. Estella

EvilEstella

Post by EvilEstella » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am

HI i have no idea where the cart is, can you either link me or explain, still new to this all. and i need it asap Estella.

D A Payne

Post by D A Payne » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Cart is short for cartridge.
On the song selection screen at the bottom, there are I think 2 demo songs, called "demo1" and "demo2" or something like that.

Sincerely, Pip
Nothing to do with busses

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:50 am

Are you using Korg DS10 Plus on a non european DSi?

If so - Dual mode should work fine ( but don''t need to worry about that at this stage)

Load up Demo1 - click on the 'Song' button - then hit 'Play' - the whole song should play through over and over.

If you you click the 'song' button again - it should enter normal 'pattern' mode - you then just select one of the 16 patterns with your stylus and it will loop that pattern until you select another pattern or click on song mode.

best to play around with it although there are always new things to learn :)