Multiplay and Dj set

Acid

Multiplay and Dj set

Post by Acid » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:35 pm

First, I apologize if I've had this issue and I did not notice! :oops:

So: I bought a DS yet. And I tried pultiplay. But if you step out from one of them interrupted the other. So this is not going to the DJ set. How do you set up? Listen to each other and mix them by ear?
Very long time for this or that can do that .... :)
smacking snares & smacking kiss :)

Cfgk24

Re: Multiplay and Dj set

Post by Cfgk24 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Great Question.

First, on this Forum website there are videos of people playing live. - you should watch and learn - I am sure the players can identify themselves to you who do this but here is the technique: I think Bryface is good at this.....

A. You have 2 Nintendo Dsi - each one running Korg DS10+

B. You Compose your base track and build one of the 16 patterns as a 'SWAPOVER' pattern. i.e a drone or something without a heavy beat or even a speeding up beat or slowing down beat

C. Play your set using only one Dsi with the 2nd Dsi loaded up with the second track ready to go.

D. Play the swapover pattern - start the 2nd Dsi running and stop the first. while the 2nd Dsi is running. Load up the 1st Dsi with your next track and repeat the process...

Sometimes - starting the 2nd si can be crucial. Early electronic albums were recorded by just hitting the play button at the same time. . . . :) Hope this helps

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Ah! please see this link below - It is a /demo by Anthony Seeha using 2x Dsi. Awesome Stuff :)
It is on this forum.....

http://ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1233&start=0

Acid

Post by Acid » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:04 am

Well I think I will use the old classical method of two vinyl records as DJ mixes. Actually, I have the iphone and I disagree with his programs. Recently reported that they destroy the DJ.

The mixer is to listen, I'll use it ....

We thank you for the information. Maybe they will even try. :)

Acid

Post by Acid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:16 pm

This week you can begin your project. I'll do it live stream .... Then perhaps someone wants to watch? You can do it by appointment .. :) Sorry about the poor quality of image. The webcam is terrible lamp light. :)