Songs transfered from one DS10 to another glitch/issue...

Noiseman

Songs transfered from one DS10 to another glitch/issue...

Post by Noiseman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

Hello ppl of this awsm forum
I just finished downloading my tracks from my old ds10 to my new ds10+. Horray for the upgrade!
Problem is, a few tracks have this minor (huge) issue. The drum patches are corrupted if I just press play. They sound similar, but as if I had tweaked the knobs and saved new ones. This makes a lot of the beats sound obviously inconsistent.
I tried downloading once again, but didn't help. Afterwards I went to edit the samples and realized that when I entered the edit synth screen, the samples would sound properly. I returned to the track and everything was normal. Phew, I thought. Saved the fucker and rebooted the session to check. Surprise, surprise. Back to square one...
Basically my tracks are fine except for this tiny glitch. It's kind of a hassle to enter the edit drum synth screen everytime I start a session :/
Has this happened to anyone else? How did you fix this? Help, please

WMRhapsodies

Re: Songs transfered from one DS10 to another glitch/issue...

Post by WMRhapsodies » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:40 am

I've found this glitch not when transfering files but when loading a file with drum tracks that make extensive use of the drum track delay settings. Cannot say if in ds10 or ds10+, maybe is a ds10+ only issue for what you say...But anyway, haven't find any other solution than enter-exit the edit drum screen as you just described.

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Well, I guess I'll just have to enter the edits every single time...
Wonder if it happens when transferring from a regular ds10 to a plus only. I did this same procedure once with two regular ds10's, but can't recall anything turning out like this.

If anyone finds something out, I'd love to know! I'll post if something new comes up.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 am

try to change more parameters in the glitching patch and saving, maybe that will work
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:41 pm

I've tweaked a few patches and saved the session. When I restart the session, the patches are still glitchy. The solution already stated brings the drum synths to the proper sample.
This morning I tried just saving the drum synths and restarting the session. Nothing changed... sigh...
Well, it's not that bad. But If I were to mix with two dsi's (my intention exactly), everytime I open a new song I'll have to lower the volume and enter every edit screen for the drum synths... I picture this being a nightmare in dual mode, which i haven't even dared enter yet.

Thanks for the help though, Dominator. I was hoping it would work.

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:25 pm

I've had some similar issues with certain sounds after transferring them from ds-10 to ds-10+
The sampling of the drums tends to be different some time and also i've had issues with the drive on the synths too,
I still use korg ds-10 a lot anyway.
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:47 am

Funny thing that I still am not using the plus to it's full extent. I still think it's pretty convenient to mute tracks on and edit on the go while song mode. That was my main reason for upgrading. And the dual mode caught my attention obviously. We'll see how necessary they were actually.

Everything would be much better without this stupid glitch though. But now, I've had a few ideas from the glitches and sometimes they make interesting sounds. Most of it though is not on beat or uses sounds that are unappealing to the patterns on the other synths that are unaffected.

Thanks for the opinions and experiences.