Bad jack

Acid

Bad jack

Post by Acid » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi!

The thing that was the last time I recorded the music can be loud background noise. Kicserélgettem and everything turned to the wrong jack ds. Like what I'm doing the recording will be noisy. Fortunately, there is a DSi. :)

But someone knows a solution? You can exchange any parts? Or try to Jack cleaned?
smacking snares & smacking kiss :)

DifficultListening

Re: Bad jack

Post by DifficultListening » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:28 am

Does the noise change if you put a little pressure on the 3.5mm jack or turn it in the socket on the DS? If you have any contact cleaner, you could try to spray some on the jack and work it in and out a couple of times to clean off any oxidation that could have built up on the contacts in the socket. I know that on my supercheap car audio->FM transmitter gadget (one that hangs out of the non-cigarette lighter :-) I get very reduced volume and tinny sound if its tiny stereo jack (2.5mm) fails to make good contact. I think I'm hearing the stereo difference because the ground is not making proper contact... give it a bit of a wiggle and it comes back much louder and less tinny sounding.

There's something called Deoxit which many Americans swear by for getting rid of intermittent contact noise - it's not as common in Australia, and more expensive than in the USA, but it's turned up now at my local electronics store so I may give it a try soon.

If all else fails, I know DealExtreme.com sell a lot of Nintendo replacement parts very cheaply, and I'm sure I've seen DS stereo output jacks on there. Some of them sound like they're a bit cheaply made too from the customer comments on the site.

Acid

Post by Acid » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 pm

I thought I was cleaning. Purchasers will be something like connector cleaner. Which removes the oxide. If worse comes to change it up. It should not matter anyway because you do not like it is now going to the recording.
Thanks for tips. I'd like to have the outcome we will ... :)
smacking snares & smacking kiss :)

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 pm

DifficultListening wrote:There's something called Deoxit which many Americans swear by for getting rid of intermittent contact noise - it's not as common in Australia, and more expensive than in the USA, but it's turned up now at my local electronics store so I may give it a try soon.
Deoxit is da bomb. It is soooo much better than regular contact cleaner. I highly recommend it. It's my first go to if something is glitching out on me. I full on spilled a coffee on my digital mixer and it went ape#$@%. I doused it it DeoxIt and it was like it never happened.