DS10 Record label dream?

SS7117

DS10 Record label dream?

Post by SS7117 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 pm

The other night I had a dream I was working on artwork for a DS10 project I was working on. But in the dream I was looking through a website that was for a Label which we all created and was looking through our releases and VINYLS. Needless to say it was a great dream. Just thought I should share. Lol :D
"hey this is my signature, it's not part of every post I make." lol
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/siteb-1/thingstoc ... ing-tracks[/soundcloud]

drexegar

Re: DS10 Record label dream?

Post by drexegar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 am

Very awesome. Thanks for sharing!

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 am

That is odd because I just messaged a few people about the idea of setting up a DS-10 only label x]
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

SS7117

Post by SS7117 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:22 pm

0.o

ratface1987

Post by ratface1987 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:33 pm

That would be awesome. I can't get enough DS10. When it's bad it's bad. And when it's good it's good! And the thought of listening to DS10 tracks on vinyl is awesome.

SS7117

Post by SS7117 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:06 pm

ratface1987 wrote:That would be awesome. I can't get enough DS10. When it's bad it's bad. And when it's good it's good! And the thought of listening to DS10 tracks on vinyl is awesome.
Word.

8-bot

Post by 8-bot » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 am

It would be awesome!

QauNuckShin

Post by QauNuckShin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:15 pm

HarleyLikesMusic wrote:That is odd because I just messaged a few people about the idea of setting up a DS-10 only label x]
I don't think there are enough DS-10 musicians around to make that work... the fact that they have to be good further shrinks your recruitment pool. ;)
ratface1987 wrote:That would be awesome. I can't get enough DS10. When it's bad it's bad. And when it's good it's good! And the thought of listening to DS10 tracks on vinyl is awesome.
I generally disagree with the whole "vinyl is better"-thing. This video at xiph.org explains digital vs. analog very well (Xiph develops free/open source media codecs).

But in this case, I find it even harder to see the motivation for vinyl. You have a digital signal from DS-10 -- converted to analog for output, then digital again when you record it with your computer. Your media can only distort the data, never magically improve it.

Or maybe you just think the discs are cooler because they're large? :D
QauNuckShin // Snild Dolkow
Purist - single-take, single DS-10, no editing.
Author of the DS-10 Manager application.
http://dolkow.se/music, https://www.facebook.com/snilddolkow

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 pm

I don't think there are enough DS-10 musicians around to make that work... the fact that they have to be good further shrinks your recruitment pool. ;)

Well, there we go - it's all in the quality! I agree - good DS10ing is a skill that is learned through practice and approach, dedication to very very fine detail - DS10 has been around for 4 years now and I learn new things on it all the time - even learning to make use of the bugs!

It is a shame that the forum has become less busy - is it because people have moved onto iPads? DAWS have got better? People have outgrown DS10?

A DS10 record label that is financially successful is very unlikely - it would most likely be a Fan project. . .however - the Vinyl project could be a one off success in it's own right

But in this case, I find it even harder to see the motivation for vinyl. You have a digital signal from DS-10 -- converted to analog for output, then digital again when you record it with your computer. Your media can only distort the data, never magically improve it.

Or maybe you just think the discs are cooler because they're large? :D[/quote]

Vinyl is beautiful - it is an art form in it's own right - iPods and digital 'playlists' have seriously reduced the number of people who appreciate the work that is an entire 'Album'
7" singles used to be adverts for artists' albums. You get 'Classic Albums' but you only get No.1 singles - they are never called 'classics' because their scope is only 3-4 minutes.

The first time I used iTunes - it took all my uploaded from CD music on my pc and promptly rearranged all the tracks out of Albums and into alphabetical order - It was a nightmare both logistically - to re-organise everything but also - it took away the carefully crafted progression of songs within the albums.

I like listening to old '78s on a gramophone - it's magical!