Meet up / Jam session / Concert

ratface1987

Meet up / Jam session / Concert

Post by ratface1987 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm living in Paris right now and wanted to throw out the idea of a European DS10 meet up.

Just some vague ideas of meeting up to compare tracks, collaborate, and even do a night of performances. If enough DS10-ers were interested, we could pitch in on a PA system or book a practice studio and invite friends for a little concert. Maybe make a video recording and put together a mocumentary (à la Reformat the Planet - even though that wasn't a mocumentary). Have some Camembert and grape juice. You know... European style.

Any Europeans interested? Or other continent dwellers crazy enough to fly to Paris to play on their DS?

Cfgk24

Re: Meet up / Jam session / Concert

Post by Cfgk24 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 am

Hi!
a bit delayed but I only just read this thread - I would beinterested . :)

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Yeah sorry for the delayed reply i've been very busy, I would be more than happy to travel from the UK for a DS-10 meet up in Paris. I can get there from the UK very easily and cheap too.
Did you have a particular date in mind?
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

ratface1987

Post by ratface1987 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Cfgk24 wrote:Hi!
a bit delayed but I only just read this thread - I would beinterested . :)
HarleyLikesMusic wrote:Yeah sorry for the delayed reply i've been very busy, I would be more than happy to travel from the UK for a DS-10 meet up in Paris. I can get there from the UK very easily and cheap too.
Did you have a particular date in mind?
I didn't have a specific date in mind. We could throw it all together quick and try to meet in August (10th or 17th). Or we could try to get a larger group to show up and meet around November (2nd or 9th).

If we did a smaller meetup in August, I found practice rooms with a PA system for 11-13€ an hour here:
http://www.ciup.fr/en/services_culturel ... 3%A9tition

Thoughts? The only problem is the rooms with PA's are 21 and 29 square meters, so max 10 or so people. But we could do an improv DS10 and drums jam session (since they have drum sets according to the site).

If we did a larger meetup around November, we'd have to find a different venue, since the large "choir" room doesn't have a sound system (although we could possibly ask them to move one in from another practice room).

We could do a small meet up this summer in August. If it goes well and we get some good discussion going on the board, that might motivate more to come out for another larger meetup toward the end of the year (November or December).

Let me know what you all think!

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 pm

hey Ratface!

I'm in spain ( A coruna) at the moment and looking to meet up!

I think a first meet up would be to exchange ideas/files/patches and just to get to know more people better. - I think trying not be too ambitious at this stage would be the way to go. . .

A hotel/hostel with some portable speakers would be a great start!

Harley is a bit of a traveller! - Gutted I couldn't meet up with him this weekend for his gigs in Sheffield and Scarborough. The man is a legend for doing that travelling!

Anyway, lets get this done!!! let me know your thoughts but I'm good at the moment for August 10th - somewhere in Europe lol.

ratface1987

Post by ratface1987 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Well the 8 person practice room with speakers seems like a good fit then. Since it's only 11-13€ an hour, we could all easily chip in. Then we can divide the afternoon or evening into getting to know each other, collaborating, exchanging, and then small performances for each attendee (since we'd only be 3 or so people).

If you're in, I'll call the practice room about reserving 3 or 4 hours on August 10th in the afternoon or evening. Thoughts?

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 am

I'm In! - let's make an official Thread!