DS10+ Beginner Question

miara

DS10+ Beginner Question

Post by miara » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:51 am

Hi all! Just got a copy of DS-10 Plus and I find it weird to not see the difference between the previous DS-10 and the new DS-10 Plus. I'm not sure if I'm simply missing a bit of a fact with how I use mine but you guys talk a lot about "switching from A to B", "Dual DS-10 Mode", etc. and I don't find that option in mine. The Menu says DS-10 Plus but once you get to the "game" itself, it still looks like the old Ds-10 for me.

I also checked some youtube vids like the official trailer with Mr. Sano and there is tab from the Song Menu that isn't available in mine.

Am I missing something with my copy or is there a command that I should enter prior to starting the game?

Thanks!

Syscrusher

Re: DS10+ Beginner Question

Post by Syscrusher » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Are you using a DSi ?

miara

Post by miara » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:55 pm

yes I am.

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Are you running a US copy of DS10 plus on a US DSi?
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

KidQuaalude

Post by KidQuaalude » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 am

Are you using the DS10+ in 'single player' mode or starting a 'multiplayer' wifi-session between two DSes? The Dual mode is only available in 'single player' mode. You should be prompted to start in single or dual mode when you start a 'single player' session.

Also, if you are being a naughty boy/girl and running DS10+ from a flash-cart it will only run in DS mode (as DSi mode software annot be run on flash-carts) and you will only be able to run DS10+ in 'single mode'.

miara

Post by miara » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 am

KidQuaalude wrote:Are you using the DS10+ in 'single player' mode or starting a 'multiplayer' wifi-session between two DSes? The Dual mode is only available in 'single player' mode. You should be prompted to start in single or dual mode when you start a 'single player' session.

Also, if you are being a naughty boy/girl and running DS10+ from a flash-cart it will only run in DS mode (as DSi mode software annot be run on flash-carts) and you will only be able to run DS10+ in 'single mode'.
I guess that explains it :mrgreen: I was hoping to run the DS10+ through a flashcart to get some (proposed) "dual" songs loaded to my laptop using the software that was posted somewhere here. Oh well, it might be time for me to get that game cart if I really wanted to utilize the "dual mode" that the DSi can do.

Thanks for all your answers guys, it's been a great help and peace of mind as well teeheeeeheeeee :oops:

miara

Post by miara » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:03 am

On a side note, am I missing a lot aside from the "dual mode" that the game cart can do along with the DSi if I'm being a naughty boy?

KidQuaalude

Post by KidQuaalude » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Dual mode is the only DSi-specific feature - but it is a pretty significant feature.

Just make sure you have a US DSi if you are buying a copy of DS10+ from the US (or a JPN one if you are buying the Japanese version) as DSi software is region-protected.