Ideas for DS-10 / DS-20 / New KORG DS Products

BarataSound

Re: Ideas for DS-10 / DS-20 / New KORG DS Products

Post by BarataSound » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 am

Do you know if in ds10 plus you can swith the modes like that? I was hoping you could.

I also do my thing without the song mode. I play the track buttons like they were buttons on an mpc, baile funk style, with the lock button off.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm

- It would be so cool if you could set up keys as shortcuts for mute. So if you would be tweaking synths live, you could at the same time mute all the drums without going into the mixer mode.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Vector Wolf wrote:When you're selecting a pattern with "lock" on, you can't switch to the synth/kaoss/whatever other screens or it stays on the pattern you're on, you have to wait for it to change. I would like the change to not be interrupted when I select a new one and switch to another screen before the pattern change occurs.
+1!!!

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:28 am

They should add a bank of samples and do a ds version of the Kaossilator integrated in the next version.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:32 pm

trnsprnt wrote:They should add a bank of samples and do a ds version of the Kaossilator integrated in the next version.
Bank of samples, nah not really, this thing is about synthesis. They'd better add a lot of good presets. And there's some of Kaossilator's functions already in DS-10 right, the scales and stuff, or am I wrong?

ChrisLody

Post by ChrisLody » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:17 am

DS-10 Dominator wrote:
trnsprnt wrote:They should add a bank of samples and do a ds version of the Kaossilator integrated in the next version.
Bank of samples, nah not really, this thing is about synthesis. They'd better add a lot of good presets. And there's some of Kaossilator's functions already in DS-10 right, the scales and stuff, or am I wrong?
Samples would be good if you could import your own via an sd card and manipulate them, but the problem with fixed banks of samples is they date really easily and don't suit all genres of music. Of course though adding sample support would need a much more complex synth engine to loop them, granular synthesize them, edit them etc. Also i can see why they didn't include them with the first ds-10 as the ds and lite have such low sample rates (nitrotracker struggle to make it sound usable with no limiter) but i guess the dsi is better for that. So yes.......and no. :lol:

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 am

You all may be right I guess. I don't know about technichal specs of the nintendo or the carts. But yeah, maybe a good presets bank would be a good addition.

CardiacTrance

Post by CardiacTrance » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:09 am

I wanna the deck A and B to look different... Sometimes I make a change on a deck not
knowing it's a wrong deck, and it's a pain. :x
CardiacTrance / Yotsuchi Systems
Graphic Design, Illustration, animation, electronic music.
Official Web(portfolio): http://yotsuchi-osc.sakura.ne.jp/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cardiactrance/
SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/cardiactrance

KidQuaalude

Re: Ideas for KORG DS-20

Post by KidQuaalude » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote:- There really needs to be function to backup songs/patches to a computer and/or share it with the world....
Solved! :D

http://ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=330

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:15 pm

With the advent of the new Nintendo 3DS do you think we will get something bigger than korg-ds10+? An electribe maybe? A microkorg maybe? A big sequencer? A Kaossilator? If that console is as powerfull as it looks like, we could have some real beasts... I hope they leave an open door to the homebrew scene aswell.

Pour your wishes here!

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Small chance on the Electribe, since KORG has already released the iElectribe for iOS devices.

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I like the look of the Electribe app.

As for the DS-10, I hope they don't fancy it up too much; it's limitations are its strength. Maybe it's lack of imagination on my part but the only things I really want in future DS-10 releases are (maybe) more patterns per song, (definitely) cross pattern automation in the mixer section, and (maybe) more flexible and programmable effects.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:00 pm

A friend of mine just had the most brilliant idea: it would be awesome if DS-10 could record your whole live session, it wouldn't take up too many memory because it only records the notes, automation, etc. not the audio.

MilesT3hR4t

Post by MilesT3hR4t » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 pm

My suggestion?

Control over what is and isn't loaded into memory, For instance "I don't want drums, replace them with more synths" or perhaps, "I don't use 2 of my synths, and I want like 30 drum hits! GIVE ME! amen break! amen break!"

if 1 synth is 2 osc, and we have 4x 2osc, I'd want to mix it up... 2x 4osc, 2x 3osc + 2x 1osc. etc

the DS 10 is a virtual analogue and is AM synth... I want an FM Synth option

Sequencing for every knob at once.

built in EQ & high/low shelf

Make use of the SD card port for the DSi. Export save file, Import save file, Export as .AAC/flac Export as .mp3

IMPORT SAMPLES with the SD Card port, Imagine importing vocals, or real drum hits.

If they make an FM Synth, I hope that every knob is sequencer.

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:11 am

MilesT3hR4t has some interesting ideas. I like the SD card import/export idea. The FM synth idea is neat but would (and should) probably be an entirely different product - Korg DS-M1 anyone?

MilesT3hR4t

Post by MilesT3hR4t » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Syscrusher wrote:MilesT3hR4t has some interesting ideas. I like the SD card import/export idea. The FM synth idea is neat but would (and should) probably be an entirely different product - Korg DS-M1 anyone?
Korg DS Collection. by using the SD cards to save data, you no longer need ANY space on the actual game card, so all that space can be used for having multiple types of synths. you could have as many oscillators as it has processing power to run, it could be AM, or FM synth, or sampling. as for drums, I'd suggest something like a 303/808/909 but I don't know if Korg had any like that (not that big of an oldschool hardware geek).

To be honest, I only got into FM Synth at all because of the YM2612 on the sega genesis, and a sudden urge to replicate the sounds with other FM Synths.

if you could sequence patterns with a step sequencer with each synth, export that to the sd card as a save, and as a .wav or .mp3, or .aac or whatever, and then in the same software open a better sequencer that just loaded the audio files... think of the things we could do with that!

Not only that but if we could export to .wav/mp3/aac onto the SD card we could compare the sounds on the card, to the sounds that come out of the headphone jack, and compare. find out if bass cuts are because of the DS's speakers/headphones, or if it's software sided.

lizpan

Post by lizpan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm

On the DS-10 Plus, it would be great to be able to run different-numbered A and B Pattens, simultaneously (i.e., Not just A1 with B1, and A3 with B3, etc.).

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 pm

lizpan wrote:On the DS-10 Plus, it would be great to be able to run different-numbered A and B Pattens, simultaneously (i.e., Not just A1 with B1, and A3 with B3, etc.).
indeed

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 pm

lizpan wrote:On the DS-10 Plus, it would be great to be able to run different-numbered A and B Pattens, simultaneously (i.e., Not just A1 with B1, and A3 with B3, etc.).
indeed

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Agreed