games n music card troubles

kloudygirl

games n music card troubles

Post by kloudygirl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:13 pm

so it seems i'm having a bit of problems with my games n music card. it doesnt wanna play the backup copy of my korg ds10 rom! i tried loading it and all it has is a black screen and nothing loads. has anyone else had this problem? i already have the original card, and it seems senseless to buy another....i'd really like to try the dsi version next. so i think i may have to break down and get an r4 card for my korg adventures so i can double up on my playtime with 2 ds for multiplay. any suggestions or advice is appreciated! thanx in advance for your help

:mrgreen:

ChrisLody

Re: games n music card troubles

Post by ChrisLody » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:45 pm

So you have a legit copy as well right?

I have a Max Media Dock from Datel who also make the Games n Music card and its a real pain in the arse. I use it for Nitrotracker and some other homebrew but its constantly refusing to load. The only thing i have found that works is just to keep ejecting and re-inserting the card until it works.

With old came carts (megadrive, nes, etc) i often have to clean the edge connector with metal polish (Brasso) to get them working but i've never tried that on a ds cart, might be worth a shot though.

kloudygirl

Re: games n music card troubles

Post by kloudygirl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 am

yep...i did some more research and i think the problem is that gnm only plays demos and not full roms. so i dont think it will work. but thanx for ur reply chris ;)