DS-10 and Morpho

OhioBuckeye

DS-10 and Morpho

Post by OhioBuckeye » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Hey all I use play a Kaossilator Pro and KP3. I already had a DS and just ordered the DS-10 Plus Synth. I'm curious what kind of sound quality to expect.

Also I thought it might be cool to hook this up to a Dave Smith Morpho. don't have one of those just thought it take all of the ouput and basically give it an analog synth feel. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

OB

AudioArtist

Re: DS-10 and Morpho

Post by AudioArtist » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 am

OhioBuckeye wrote:Hey all I use play a Kaossilator Pro and KP3. I already had a DS and just ordered the DS-10 Plus Synth. I'm curious what kind of sound quality to expect.

Also I thought it might be cool to hook this up to a Dave Smith Morpho. don't have one of those just thought it take all of the ouput and basically give it an analog synth feel. Any thoughts on this?

OB
Well the sound quality is kind of what you make of it. Depending on how you use the synth settings/patching it can be really smooth and clean or really nasty. One thing I run into from time to time is certain sounds you'll end up with some staticy/noisy artifacts but it's nothing that can't be covered up when you get your mix balances set right.
Overall though you should be pretty satisfied with the sound from this "game".

As far as running it throught external effects, (I'm not familiar with Morpho), I would suggest not running your whole song through it but rather multi-track it and apply FX where you want, if you want to go that route.

Really though, you should love the software. It's an incredibly powerful music making tool.