A Community DS-10 Live Stream?

bryface

A Community DS-10 Live Stream?

Post by bryface » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 am

sorta piggybacking off of HarleyLikesMusic's thread about his own stream, and partly from a topic off of 8bc, what do you guys think of having a shared stream that we can use as a community?

I was thinking this could be as simple as having a USTREAM account whose user/password info would be known to those who want access. That way we can broadcast or record livestreams of mixes, lessons or works-in-progress - or even have an international DS-10 festival/party of sorts - all while having a place to document and centralize the latest stuff that's brewing. I figure this might be the closest thing we could have to a international DS-10 party =)

Of course this would require that you have a webcam/audio setup that adequately captures your broadcast and audio feed. but beyond that, i imagine that you could just login anytime and use the stream as long as it isn't already being used at the moment.

anyway, let's chat about this a little first to see how feasible this is in terms of logistics. Also, any suggestions for a name? if not then naming it something like DS10FORUM STREAM is totally fine with me =)

Decktonic

Re: A Community DS-10 Live Stream?

Post by Decktonic » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:42 pm

DS10FORUM LIVE

I support this.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

bryface

Post by bryface » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:58 pm

DS10FORUM LIVE is good too, any other name ideas?

anyway i've been messing around with a test USTREAM account and it looks like it can indeed accomplish what's needed for a community stream - you just have to login and set the appropriate settings for broadcasting/recording. You can set the audio source to something other than your webcam microphone, so you can record right off of a line-in (or if you've got a mixer, you can do the mixing of a DS-10 and a mic and/or other equipment before the signal makes it to your line-in).

Apparently you can pull in other streams as sub-streams. If i understand this correctly, then i think that means the community stream can feature streams that belong to individual artists.

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 pm

This sounds like a great idea!
I would have started mine already but ive been busy sorting out a new job (i'll be a support worker for adults with learning difficulties :) ) but i think something like this would be far better, a whole community thing.
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)