DS10Forum.com Compilation #3 - The Haunted Mansion

kloudygirl

Re: DS10Forum.com Compilation #3 - The Haunted Mansion

Post by kloudygirl » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 pm

thank u so much WMR! i absolutely luv ur music room track btw! its beautifully done and soooo elegant, simply mesmorizing!! :)

everyone did such an excellent job capturing the essense of creepy on this compilation im just in awe of all the talent and very honored to be included with such amazing ds10 artists! ^-^

WMRhapsodies

Post by WMRhapsodies » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks to u too :), and DS-10 dominator for the insight about FM Synthesis. I cannot say I understand those pictures anyway, hehe.

-----

Man, this is weird. I`ve just checked my Soundcloud and the first track there has achieved suddenly 114 plays!, when a few days back was maybe 12 or less....???. The track is entitled "Haunted Music Room Paraphrase#2", but is in fact quite different from the one on the comp, very experimental and not pleasant at all, just a loop varying randomly (I like it a lot, but I wouldn't expect many people to agree). Soundcloud mistake or we-are-being-spied, in that last case I'm so sorry for the spies.

owl

Post by owl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:45 am

I missed another one of these amazing compilations *Sobs*

WarpToken

Post by WarpToken » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:10 am

Haven't completed listening to it yet, but half-way through I've been very impressed with everything about this release.
Scope out my music!!
http://soundcloud.com/warptoken

D A Payne

Post by D A Payne » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Downloading it now.
Nothing to do with busses

AnthonySeeha

Post by AnthonySeeha » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:39 pm

BRILLIANT. These songs are all technically amazing. =)

SBR?

Post by SBR? » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 am

Oh wow, "The good news is that due to my forsight I'm planning a softer version (and also because while I actually do like the song a great deal, it's not really all that creepy except for a couple of sounds) which may be a bit more palletable for most. There's plenty of time for that, though right?" famous last words! :lol:

I've got to apologise for never being able to come back to this; several disasters and suddenly plenty of time is no time at all! Somehow I think it managed to work in the compilation reasonably well; and Jesus what a compilation! Loved it from beginning to end. So much awesome stuff, and a wonderful variety of styles. Everything sounds so nice too. Excellent mastering. And it flows wonderfully as well; pretty amazing given that it wasn't rearranged after all the songs were complete, yeah?

So proud to be a part of his, and proud of all the other songs on it too. Really great listen! :cry: <--they're tears of joy I can assure you!

I think my favourite song was The Lab---it made me want to rap! :P But there wasn't a single track I didn't really enjoy thanks to all the unique approaches to the theme.

Bryface: thanks for the comment! I am glad that you enjoyed it once you got into it. Sprinkler is a great interpritation of it of the sound effect! I can't help but imagine it as a hot, humid Spring night with the sun setting and the rusted old Solarium window half open with a sprinkler going outside doing its best to save the grass from a fatal oncoming summer! But will it be able to save the inhabitants from the haunting? DUN DUN!

P.S.

SBK?

I wonder which one of these hottie I am? :shock: