Decktonic - All My Robot Friends [NC013]

Decktonic

Decktonic - All My Robot Friends [NC013]

Post by Decktonic » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:56 am

I'm very happy to share my latest EP with you all.

Decktonic - All My Robot Friends

Tracklist:

1. 2012
2. Watch Your Dubstep
3. Tilted
4. All My Robot Friends
5. Calvin Harris - Bounce (Decktonic Cover)

Noise Channel Records #013. Free download. Enjoy!
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Decktonic

Re: Decktonic - All My Robot Friends [NC013]

Post by Decktonic » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:16 am

No comments yet? :?:
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Geolm

Post by Geolm » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:51 am

I downloaded it today but I didn't have the time to give a listen (too much work). I'll post a comment as soon as I can.

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:00 pm

bump.

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Maybe I just need to embed some tracks:

http://soundcloud.com/decktonic/2012-nc013

http://soundcloud.com/decktonic/watch-y ... step-nc013
Watch Your Dubstep

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:41 am

Will download and have a proper listen through tomorrow :)
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

phemt88

Post by phemt88 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Weeeeeell...!! :D

2012: the riff that you hear from beginning is a bit too obsessive , I not like high notes and high frequences at high volume levels, instead of you I lowered the volume of that riff. Very nice part starts at 01:38! :mrgreen:

Watch your dubstep: really nice synth sounds used, but the kick should be dirtier! But the only real drawback is that bass!! ...in my opinion would be more modulated, they are too straight, would be best longer "wavy" and "stop'n'go"! The part at 02:45 sounds awesome!

Tilted: good bass from the beginning, worked and swung in the right way, there's a good feeling. They are the strong point of the track! Nice riff at 01:20! ;)

My robot friends: very nice! The rhythm is great, and bass + drummachine create a nice groove! Also nice the boundary effects! The only flaw is the main theme, too monotonous and repeated throughout the track, and sounds at too high frequencies ... perhaps should be lowered slightly in volume!

Bounce: Do not know the original, but I tell you that this is the prettier track of the album! Beautiful sounds like Game Boy - Nes style, and beautiful sound changes on ... nice! :mrgreen:

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm

thanks phemt88!

Geolm

Post by Geolm » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 pm

I am not fan of dubstep stuff but my favorite one is "Watch your dubstep". I like the melody vs harmony (bass line), I'd like a more subtle intro but that's ok.

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:19 pm

thanks Geolm.

phemt88

Post by phemt88 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Decktonic wrote:thanks phemt88!
No problem! :mrgreen: Today I heard Dark Mode EP, I keep on listening a little while more now and let you know what I think about that! ;)
In the meantime, if you're interested, I posted my other two tracks in this section, you may give it a listen! ;)

bryface

Post by bryface » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 am

hey christian, i listened to the EP a while ago and i just wanted to say that your work is getting steadily better. it sounds like you've been trying to take the lessons of the last release to heart.

harmonic content is improved over the last EP somewhat -- keep working on it. things like a dissonant or confusing harmony can potentially threaten a whole song, so be ever ruthless at excising sections that don't work, and don't pretend that the listener won't notice.

i think in future songs you can start thinking more in terms of song structure and direction. you have some well-executed ideas, but the overall feeling i got was that the songs were like a freight train of riffs. So, here are some questions you can ask yourself for future tunes:
- If you have a riff, what are some interesting things you can do with it? how about a counter-melody? or something in the rhythm that accentuates the riff?
- when's the point where the musical idea starts to get stale? what do you do at that point? is it time to stop it and move on to a totally different-sounding section of the song? or to recontextualize it with a different harmony?
I'm glad you included a cover in the EP and i think you should try more of them. If nothing else, they're at least good as music studies that allow you to dissect a tune and carry that understanding into new songs.

what are your thoughts on releasing through noisechannel, if you don't mind my asking? how are they as a netlabel? have they met your expectations? how far do they go in promoting your work?

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 am

noisechannel is pretty cool. I went with it for a few reasons:

- it's a growing community with a regular audience, so I know my EP will continue to get downloads even without any other promotion.
- Freque, the guy who runs it, actually reached out to me asking if I would be interested in releasing something with them, and he's a stand up guy that actually gives good feedback on music
- they are non-exclusive, so I can still have the EP released by other labels or on my own label

and hey, I'll try anything once, right?

I don't know how many downloads it has received, but I've done almost as much work promoting it as I did with my previous EP, Dark Mode, which has been downloaded about 238 times to date. Before Dark Mode was featured on Create Digital Music, it was at ~150 downloads. All My Robot Friends has been downloaded 24 times from my Bandcamp, but I don't know how many times it has been downloaded from noisechannel... I've actually reached out to Freque to see if he has any numbers. In the long run I don't care, because I just like being in their catalog. As for "how far they go in promoting your work," they do the same any other netlabel does, and that is, nothing you couldn't do yourself, other than having an official entry in their catalog.

Hope that helps.