Anthony Seeha - Transcend

AnthonySeeha

Anthony Seeha - Transcend

Post by AnthonySeeha » Tue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey everyone! I finally got around to releasing my very first album. :D
It's been three years since I first bought Korg DS-10, so I think now is a pretty good time to release an album.
This album has a bunch of new tracks and some old ones that I've never made available for download.

Annnnd, since this is my very first album, some comments and criticism will be very much appreciated. =)

Song list:
1. New Adventure
2. Transcendence
3. PR27 Dubstep
4. BAD SERVICE
5. Digital Garden
6. VORTEX
7. mias
8. Just a Lullaby

Purchase my album for $5 or more at my Bandcamp page.

EDIT: typo (Thanks Decktonic!)
Last edited by AnthonySeeha on Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Decktonic

Re: Anthony Seeha - Transcend

Post by Decktonic » Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

holy crap.

fyi, your link is misspelled.

this is the correct URL: http://anthonyseeha.bandcamp.com/
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Wed May 09, 2012 12:27 am

Can't wait to hear! Cover design looks great!

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Wed May 09, 2012 1:08 pm

mind has been blown

mias is my favorite, funky
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Sinqlogue

Post by Sinqlogue » Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Stunned! You're the first who got a reasonable 'hoover' patch. Love BAD SERVICE!

bryface

Post by bryface » Thu May 10, 2012 12:20 am

hey anthony, glad you finally got around to releasing an album! long overdue, i think everyone can agree =)

overall the album really serves as a nice showcase for your unique chord-driven style. Transcendence in particular has a really strong progression and could actually be used as backing for a Perfume tune =) PR27 Dubstep is a nice change of pace for a dubstep tune, i like that you opted for a more loungey R&B feel instead of doing the cliched "ear-ripping wall of wub wub" that everyone else seems obligated to do.

all the tracks flow really well. one comment i have is that the endings for most of them are pretty abrupt and could use a fadeout or a proper ending, but i understand if you wanted to sacrifice an ending pattern to provide more note data to some other part of a song.

my one beef with the album is that "New Adventure" is what starts everything off. it's such a departure from your usual style, and it's longer than i expected, such that listeners might be scared off thinking your whole album is chiptune. the song itself is solid though!

anyway yeah, i'm sure this album will do lots to help legitimize the DS-10 as a platform for electronic music, instead of a gateway tool for haphazardly-made random sounds. Great job!

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:16 am

Well done Anthony! Brilliant Album!

I don't think any criticisms can be made here as maybe we don't all now exactly how much work goes into such a project. And to get such a project completed is an achievement in itself.

One thing that iTunes ruined for me when it came out and I accidentally started to use it thinking it was a good thing - an album or 'LP' is very much defined by the order of the track listing and this affects the flavour of the album and the listeners perception. - I first had old cassette tapes to listen to music to so you had to listen through the whole album to get to the track you liked the most - iTunes completely reorganised all my music into alphabetical order and this wrecked it for me - it took me several trips to the apple shop to start to re-organise my albums back into proper albums or now called 'playlists'
When I downloaded your Album ( I was glad to pay $5 btw :) Just a Lullaby was the first track that came up to play - Brilliant! my favourite track on the album. This meant a New adventure was last. I feel that maybe New adventure is out of place with the rest of the tracks (although it is still a brilliant piece and shows your hard work and skill off to a tee).
I remember buying an It Bites album may years ago and it came on CD in a double box with a small 2nd mini cd (like a gamecube disc) with tray adapter so you could play it in any cd player - it had 3 tracks on it - a bonus for those who bought that limited edition first issue CD - and the tracks were of an entirely different flavour to the original cd and this really worked - because they didn't just pop up somewhat randomly at the end of the original CD and change the nature of the album.

Some artist I know have left huge silences on CDs and then had a reprise track minutes after the original album had finished - a bit annoying if you like to have your album on a re-play loop but still an effective tool.

So, Brilliant album - I am very jealous :) and glad to be so. Fabulous!

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Fri May 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Can I just say that Transcendence is my favorite DS10 song yet, and probably the best example I've heard of what the software can do?

I'm also shocked you didn't include NEON or STROBE LIGHT... those are awesome too.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Decktonic wrote:Can I just say that Transcendence is my favorite DS10 song yet, and probably the best example I've heard of what the software can do?

I'm also shocked you didn't include NEON or STROBE LIGHT... those are awesome too.
Yeah I was wondering about that, you could have put a few extras on there...
or put them on the next album ;)

HarleyLikesMusic
Site Admin

Post by HarleyLikesMusic » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 am

Very well done! I've been waiting for this!
DS-10 Producers that I have seen live:
AuxPulse, Critical Strike, DS-10 Dominator

(I will travel the world and add a lot more to this list one day)

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Why is there a tag 'London', did you move Anthony?

AnthonySeeha

Post by AnthonySeeha » Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 am

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! I really appreciate it. :D

And you're right, Bryface. Even though New Adventure is a good opener, it does drag out a bit. I'll consider this for another album! Well, I guess people will be surprised when they hear the other songs.

The reason I didn't put NEON or STROBELIGHT on this album was because I already have them available for free on my Soundcloud account. When people purchase my album, I want to give them some new music as a thank you, I suppose. I've been giving away my music for the past three years and if anybody wanted to support me, they could do so by purchasing the album. =)

The tag 'London' is supposed to be for London Ontario, Canada. xD
London is a lot bigger than where I live in St. Thomas. Since they're pretty close, I decided to use that city instead. =)

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:47 am

Hey Anthony - really loving this album now I've had a good few listens.
and btw - New Adventure is just so catchy! it's growing into it's place on the album. . . . :)