DS10Forum.com Compilation #1 - Health And Safety

Decktonic

Re: ---> DS10Forum.com - Health And Safety <---

Post by Decktonic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 am

I think it would be cool to have a page for the DS10FORUM.COM label on Bandcamp... then all the music could be hosted there too. I could take charge of setting that up if you like. I think I would like to release music in the future on this label and it would be cool to have it hosted there.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

ubey

Post by ubey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am

+1 - bandcamp is great! i have been uploading a new track every day and have no problems at all.
it is so stable and just a no-nonsense music host site.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 am

Alright go a ahead put it on bandcamp, free download.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:41 pm

OK will do that later and post it here :)
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Receptors

Post by Receptors » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:23 am

hey guys.. great job on all this! thanks for all your hard work Dominator!
still picking my fave , i will post a little personal review here.

one thing though, i see only a few of the tracks are correctly tagged w the artist names? like on the Archive.org page onlt dj hollow life, switch off goodbye and bc likes you show up correctly, can that be fixed?

anyway i put the 2nd track i did for this which wasn't used up here it's kinda nuts, but it's the 1st Plus track i did:
http://receptors.bandcamp.com/track/sideswiper

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Fri May 07, 2010 11:38 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote:Alright go a ahead put it on bandcamp, free download.
OK so um turns out that to upload on Bandcamp you have to have the lossless version... really not worth it anymore since archive.org offers a perfectly good solution. Moving on.

ChrisLody

Post by ChrisLody » Sun May 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Thought i should get round to making this:

motone

Post by motone » Mon May 10, 2010 12:56 pm

my absolute favorite track after listening to the compilation many times is #14 "A High Precision Electronic Device" by Kaputnik! :mrgreen:

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Mon May 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi all!

Some days ago I told you I'd tell about the album in a couple of places. Well, I posted it on the Hispasonic forum and now some guy told me he has listened to it and likes some songs. Unfortunately he thinks some others are boring. Anyway, he says he wants to play some songs on an online radio and that he'd need me to send him the file for that. The only title that he has mentioned so far is Convulsions. What do you think guys? What should I tell him now? I guess this is good news, isn't it?

http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/pos ... l#p2510986

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Tue May 11, 2010 12:25 am

trnsprnt wrote:Hi all!

Some days ago I told you I'd tell about the album in a couple of places. Well, I posted it on the Hispasonic forum and now some guy told me he has listened to it and likes some songs. Unfortunately he thinks some others are boring. Anyway, he says he wants to play some songs on an online radio and that he'd need me to send him the file for that. The only title that he has mentioned so far is Convulsions. What do you think guys? What should I tell him now? I guess this is good news, isn't it?

http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/pos ... l#p2510986
Depends on the artist whose song he'd be playing. The license for all the songs is by-nc-sa, so that means it only covers non-commercial use. If he's playing them on an online radio that isn't for profit, then he doesn't need anyone's permission... he just needs to attribute the artist and mention that the album can be downloaded for free from this site. But if the radio station is for profit, then he needs to ask the individual artist for permission. I would definitely like to have my song played but I'm going to guess that it's not one of the ones he likes.

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Tue May 11, 2010 9:02 am

Ok. The only news I have right now are:

The radio, http://sensacionradio.tk/. And that this guy has a two hour program on saturday and sunday evening, and he wants inedit music to play, but not more than 3 songs from this album. I still don't know which ones or if the radio is commercial or not. I'll be back when there's something new to be told.

DJ Hollow Life

Post by DJ Hollow Life » Wed May 12, 2010 4:53 am

Interesting, maybe internet savy like WMNF in tampa florida i would be honored if my stuff was on that radio station :D , hope this one gets mainstream because it really shows the power of the ds 10. I love everyone's tracks on this compilation. Maintenance, Involuntary Movements, and Sharply Bent Wire are amazing. Receptors and DS 10 Dominator are brillant as always.

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Thu May 13, 2010 10:27 am

Ok, this guys writes weird and it's hard to understand what he wants. But it seems that the radio is non commercial. Plus, he wants to chose which three songs to send him via megaupload. He wants songs not longer than 3 minutes. He wants them rythmic and with variety, so we can impress the audience with this little console.

I don't want to chose myself because there's a lot of talent in that compilation and, by the way, I haven't been involved in it, so why don't you vote for the songs, guys?

ubey

Post by ubey » Thu May 13, 2010 11:13 am

not to sound too negative, but just pick some numbers out of a hat. personal preference is somewhat limited to depict quality especially related to the topic of musicality. maybe just pick the people who are overactive in promoting themselves

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

trnsprnt wrote:Ok, this guys writes weird and it's hard to understand what he wants. But it seems that the radio is non commercial. Plus, he wants to chose which three songs to send him via megaupload. He wants songs not longer than 3 minutes. He wants them rythmic and with variety, so we can impress the audience with this little console.

I don't want to chose myself because there's a lot of talent in that compilation and, by the way, I haven't been involved in it, so why don't you vote for the songs, guys?
OK, here's the down-low. It's a concept album, so the music isn't made for mainstream. A lot of the songs are based on the theme, and are therefore not something most people would enjoy out of context. But if it's going to be played on the radio for a lot of people, most of who don't what a DS10 even is, then it's necessary to appeal to mainstream taste. So I think the best approach is just to take the songs that sound "fun" and "pop-friendly," and use those, and make sure that this guy promotes the compilation when he plays the tracks. If I had to choose I'd say that "Play in a well lit room," "Involuntary movements" and "Maintenance" are all good short tracks and would work well on the radio. There's a good range of genre between the 3 too.

DJ Hollow Life

Post by DJ Hollow Life » Thu May 13, 2010 10:08 pm

perfect three tracks i might add :D Decktonic

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 am

DJ Hollow Life wrote:perfect three tracks i might add :D Decktonic
Now if someone could just explain to me why the 3 artists behind those tracks are not to be found on this forum :(

AnthonySeeha

Post by AnthonySeeha » Wed May 19, 2010 10:21 pm

I just want people to know that this remix is out there. :)
Download it at my Soundcloud: http://bit.ly/aogpyB :D

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 am

Well, I've had no more news from that internet radio guy, in case anybody is wondering...