DMR004 Decktonic - Return to Gravity

Decktonic

DMR004 Decktonic - Return to Gravity

Post by Decktonic » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:58 pm

This EP is a collection of some of my early works, each song exploring the KORG DS10 software in different ways, experimenting with ideas and exploiting its features to make unique sounds. If these songs serve any purpose, it's simply to be examples of what the DS10 has to offer. Listen & enjoy.

FREE DOWNLOAD @ BANDCAMP

Subscribe to Dual Mode Records for updates
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

ugocapeto

Re: DMR004 Decktonic - Return to Gravity

Post by ugocapeto » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 pm

is that a "collector edition" re-release of an earlier EP?

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:19 am

ugocapeto wrote:is that a "collector edition" re-release of an earlier EP?
No, see, a while back I released "Return to Gravity Promo EP," which was an EP's worth of music in advance of "Return to Gravity," an album I was working on. But since then, I haven't been able to come up with an album's worth of material, and my goals have certainly changed, and my style has changed a lot too... so at one point (maybe a week or two ago) I realized that an album wasn't going to happen, but I did need to put together a worthwhile collection of the few good songs I had done with the DS10 that were more experimental, to replace what I now consider to be an awful collection of mediocre DS10 music (the aforementioned promo EP).

So I took these 5 songs (the only ones worth sharing) that aren't "dance stuff" and would probably never be performed in a live set, and decided to finally share them with the world... I also made totally new cover art. And there you have it.
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:30 am

Ahhhh...I see. Download I shall then.