Red Sky Phenomenon - In the Land of Cleve

rsp

Red Sky Phenomenon - In the Land of Cleve

Post by rsp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 am

Hey all, got a new release of some songs I did on the old DS-10 back in November of 2009. It's called In the Land of Cleve, and the majority of the tracks were made in effort to keep myself entertained in between taking care of my wife who just had surgery. It's a bit different that a lot of DS-10 stuff I've heard, but I hope you will like it. Free download of the full album or individual tracks at http://redskyphenomenon.bandcamp.com

Also you ought to check out other albums tagged under DS-10 on http://www.bandcamp.com or even put up some of own releases on the site, as it will help the community grow.

Thanks

Red Sky Phenomenon

Geolm

Re: Red Sky Phenomenon - In the Land of Cleve

Post by Geolm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am

I planned to release a EP on bandcamp as soon as I get enough material (I also need to make some covert art). It's a good idea to create a whole album on ds10(plus) software, but for me (and I guess some other guys in this forum) I write tunes separately and I don't want to do a "big compilation" album, you must have a link between each track (not necessarily musical, can be in spirit), that's my main issue currently.

rsp

Post by rsp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Oh yeah, I can see your point there. For me, this album was a very personal experience and what I saw as my breakthrough on the DS-10 as my first group of tracks I made I found to be garbage.

I would be able to understand if someone would see this as a random grouping of songs, but to me this was the soundtrack of the ten days my wife and I spent on the other side of the US. Some of these songs have the feeling of isolation and home sickness I was going through while waiting for my wife to recover enough to fly back to Utah. Other represented my attempts to stave off boredom and create my own excitement through music. So in that I believe I succeeded creating a spiritual link between these songs and make what I believe to be a complete album.

Either way, whether people have a general indifference to this album or not I thought it would be a shame if I was the only one to here it.

I look forward to see what you and others continue to put out using the DS-10+ and the M01 as well.

Thanks

Red Sky Phenomenon

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm

There's some interesting experimental electronic music here... nothing to write home about but I thank you for sharing it with us anyway. :)
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases