Have a problem...

zammmo

Have a problem...

Post by zammmo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Good evening, I have been on my ds-10 tonight for the first time and I have already run into a problem.When I place a number of song parts into the pattern screen and try to play my song it will only play one pattern at a time.I play ptn1 then try to play ptn2 and ptn1 stops playing :? Also I seem to have a big bass drum banging away in the back ground bit like a metranome...

soultron

Re: Have a problem...

Post by soultron » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 am

Which version do you have? DS10 or DS10+?
The drum you hear is coming from the drum pattern editor. Each new pattern has a beat, much like a metronome works. The other problem can be solved by either tapping the lock button in the pattern screen, or more so once you understand the sequencer. Do you have an instruction book? You may want to visit youtube for more info and possibly tutorials on DS10. I figured mine out but by bit with no instructions, but there is so much it can do that I am still learning. Good luck!

NeoS

Post by NeoS » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 am

zammmo wrote:Good evening, I have been on my ds-10 tonight for the first time and I have already run into a problem.When I place a number of song parts into the pattern screen and try to play my song it will only play one pattern at a time.I play ptn1 then try to play ptn2 and ptn1 stops playing :? Also I seem to have a big bass drum banging away in the back ground bit like a metranome...
As for your first problem, I think you may be expecting the song editor to allow you to program multiple patterns to play simultaneously like in other sequencers such as Fruity Loops. Unfortunately, that is not how DS-10 works and you can only program one pattern to play at a time.
genius is 1% inspiration 99% perspiration (thomas edison)

zammmo

Post by zammmo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 am

Hi thanks for your help, I have the Ds-10+ version (with a manual) and hope to get a DSi soon to take full advantage of it.I can see the lock fuction does have an effect on my problem and will try to learn how to use it properly.
I'm not going to give up on this, I am determined to master this little machine...

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:39 am

it's quite an endeavour. luck on yr journey ;)

zammmo

Post by zammmo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Thanks

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi Zammo.
Hurry up and get your DSi - then you can play two patterns at once!!! :)

Pattern 1 will play on Deck A simultaneously with Pattern 1 on Deck B - then switch to pattern 2 - they all change simultaneously ( so you cannot play pattern 1 on Deck A whilst playing pattern 2 on Deck B)

Get round that problem by copying the patterns on Deck B from pattern 1 to pattern 2 (so both patterns are the same) and on Deck A - you cna have a harmonising pattern on pattern 2 :)

Confused :)

Hurry up and get a DSi or a 3ds and it will al come clear :)