BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post Reply
User avatar
Wolf Headed Muse
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 am
Location: Floating Castle USA
Contact:

BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by Wolf Headed Muse » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 pm

So would anybody know a patch setting to get that deep sustained sub bass drop that all the kewl kids put before the breakdown in their deathcore music?

Here is a prominent example @ 0:08 and then again @4:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-jc4p- ... e=youtu.be

See? purely devastating. This is the type of stuff I used to perform and I know we used tr - 808 and roland spd-s in most of our tracks, but I want it on the ds-10+ ...not anything else that'd be too simple ;)

fluid
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by fluid » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Sounds simple enough to me, a sine wave with a low-pass filter set very low. Problem is, when I make this sound on my DS, it adds a bunch of fuzz/noise, which kinda ruins it. I guess the DS itself would need a low-pass filter to block such noise.

User avatar
8-bot
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 am

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by 8-bot » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:39 am

...or you can use a 3DS. Don't know about the DSi.

User avatar
Wolf Headed Muse
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 am
Location: Floating Castle USA
Contact:

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by Wolf Headed Muse » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 am

fluid wrote:Sounds simple enough to me, a sine wave with a low-pass filter set very low. Problem is, when I make this sound on my DS, it adds a bunch of fuzz/noise, which kinda ruins it. I guess the DS itself would need a low-pass filter to block such noise.

So far I havnt got it pronounced enough without xtra noise.
and would the Dsi have a better sound option? I didnt think the console effected the ability to create sounds?

fluid
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by fluid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm

It's been about a decade since I touched a DS Lite and I've never actually used a DSi before, so I can't say for sure, but I just read this comment on Youtube:
The new DSi is the first Nintendo handheld to have true 16 bit 44-khz output. Athough the GBA and DS fat/lite supported 16 bit internal mixing the older systems only had 8-10 bit output creating a hissing artifact which the DSi no longer has.
I've been tossing around the idea of getting a DSi XL or a 3DS XL. The DSi XL is still pretty expensive since Nintendo doesn't make them anymore, but the bronze color is gorgeous, and the 3DS XL colors just look kind of cheesy. Still, I think the 3DS XL is a good deal at $200. I think I'm just going to start snatching up some DSis off ebay and start mixing them all together.

User avatar
8-bot
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 am

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by 8-bot » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 am

3DS has less noise.

User avatar
Wolf Headed Muse
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 am
Location: Floating Castle USA
Contact:

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by Wolf Headed Muse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 am

fluid wrote:It's been about a decade since I touched a DS Lite and I've never actually used a DSi before, so I can't say for sure, but I just read this comment on Youtube:
The new DSi is the first Nintendo handheld to have true 16 bit 44-khz output. Athough the GBA and DS fat/lite supported 16 bit internal mixing the older systems only had 8-10 bit output creating a hissing artifact which the DSi no longer has.
I've been tossing around the idea of getting a DSi XL or a 3DS XL. The DSi XL is still pretty expensive since Nintendo doesn't make them anymore, but the bronze color is gorgeous, and the 3DS XL colors just look kind of cheesy. Still, I think the 3DS XL is a good deal at $200. I think I'm just going to start snatching up some DSis off ebay and start mixing them all together.
I should have figured. Is that the reason as to why people have a 1/4in jack installed in their consoles? I have only recorded with a DSi using ds-10+ so idk

ghostils
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by ghostils » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 am

I recently got a DSi XL for the screen size, I have noticed too a change in quality vs my DSLite's especially when you have a long delay feedback time and duration at the end of a mix and let it run out, much less grit imo, but there is something to be said for gritty goodness too so =D Personally I wouldn't even care if there wasn't quality difference the XL screen is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better to work on then the lite's.

User avatar
DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 am
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:46 am

8-bot wrote:3DS has less noise.
PLEASE record and post a comparison in a new topic, this is interesting.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

fluid
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by fluid » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 am

In that case, I'll probably end up getting a DSI, an XL, and a 3DS XL. I'd like to test them out myself anyway.

User avatar
Wolf Headed Muse
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 am
Location: Floating Castle USA
Contact:

Re: BR00T4L BASS drop 808

Post by Wolf Headed Muse » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:26 am

fluid wrote:In that case, I'll probably end up getting a DSI, an XL, and a 3DS XL. I'd like to test them out myself anyway.
Well in that case you should at some point make a simple song and record that exact same song on all three consoles to have a side by side comparison of the sound quality.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest