Help with dark ambient tracks

The Industrialism

Help with dark ambient tracks

Post by The Industrialism » Sun May 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello, Korgers! I wanted to inquire if there is anyone have programmed or could program the Korg DS-10 to play/create some dark ambient tracks like this:

Nine Inch Nails - 18 Ghosts II. This sound so KORG DS-10 :D

Apex Twin - Heliosphan

Akira Yamaoka - A Stray Child

If anyone has the ability can they share any tutorials, steps, NDS save files? I only want a tutorial to do some atmospheric basses, drums and a lead that can do a Dark Ambient Track. Some patch tutorials would be good to make a track like this. I am not using a NDS, because I don't have it (I will buy one later), so i'm using a emulator.

A second thing: would be good if a buy a copy of Electroplankton to make ambient tracks?
Thanks for any help!

ChrisLody

Re: Help with dark ambient tracks

Post by ChrisLody » Sun May 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey, you have good taste in music!

My track Neighbourhood Watch is almost dark ambient. You can find the save files for the 'NDS adapter plus' on this forum too, if you get an NDS that is.

Getting a nice thick ambient sound is quite tricky on ds-10, the best you can do is to use the delay effect to create something that sounds a little like reverb to give the track plenty of depth. There are plenty of patches in the patch and techniques section to get you going.

The Industrialism

Post by The Industrialism » Sun May 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks man. I really liked your song :D
But you know it's a good idea buy a copy of Electroplankton of NDS to make dark ambient tracks?

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm

After perusing the Electroplankton apps I ended up just getting Lumiloop. It is the most overtly ambient one. Your note and tonal choices are very limited but with processing it could definitely be useful.

DJ Hollow Life

Post by DJ Hollow Life » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 am

VolVoice is perfect for ambient beats from Electroplankton http://8bc.org/music/domovi/Instrumentally+Nailed/

I also followed ChrisLody's way of making an ambient track
http://8bc.org/music/DJ+Hollow+Life/Bru ... mbient%29/.

An Ambient track on an emulator is tough bud the most ive been making is distorted noise/industrial music with NO$GBA so which emulator are you using??