AudioArtist

Re: A settings/patch collection

Post by AudioArtist » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks for listening xGx!!

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:24 pm

@ audioartist

man, the sounds you've crafted are really awesome!!
i really want to steal some of those (obviously tweak them on the way), but it's really hard without having the parameters to look at... if you uploaded that to the facebook page, i'm sorry, don't have facebook so i can't see them... would you mind uploading them somewhere else? i really need the bongos!!! been listening to dadawah & want to try a minimalistic reggae thingy.
kudos for everything you've than thus far. really cool what you can do with this little thing, regardless of some inherent limitations.

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Thank you for checking my collection out Noiseman!! You should be able to view the album even if you don't have a facebook account, but as you are the second person to ask I'll put up an alternate link to them asap. :)

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

appreciated!
no need to rush, i'll be waiting patiently.
oh, & i wanted to ask you: you were familiar with synths before the ds 10, right? i ask because i wasn't & even tho it's been a trip discovering how to mold sounds, i'm still a bit at a loss here. it's a really intuitive process, but sometimes i can't seem to traspose the sound i have in my mind to the korg. for example, i have tried more than once to get a really phat bass for dubs or such, but i only manage to come up with a proper bass, but nothing as deep as i'd like. everytime i try to make it phatter, the quality or the tone gets wonky... sigh...
so, all in all, i just want to look around your stuff to learn as i tweak. hehehe.

thanks, man!

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:29 pm

I was only passingly familiar with synth before I got the DS10. I was lucky enough to have an electronic music program in high school, we had two ARP Odysey's and that was my first intro to synth. Throughout the years I've had many musician friends that were kind enough to let me play with their toys as well.
I'm a sound engineer so in my opinion a good ear and plenty of patience has been the key to getting the sounds I want.
But you've come to the right place, there are some synth gurus around here.
Here is an alternate link to the pics on photobucket. I hope you can view these!
http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad23 ... s-Patches/
Cheers!

Noiseman

Post by Noiseman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 am

kudos, man!!!
yeah... patience is really it (well that & the ear part)...
i'll give your sounds a go around unfinished songs, let you know how it goes!
i've been lurking every now & then around here, so i'll be sure to give back on the next months...
i've really gotten used to this, but practice is never ending... also the old korg is rather limited compared to plus (i really want a korg+ hehehe).
well anyways, too much off topic here!
oh right, what program did you use to draw over the blank patching screen (there must be a shorter name for this!!)? that way i can upload my own sounds (not as good :P) to keep this sharing going!

thanks again for the sound collection/patches

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Thank you and you're welcome!
I used simple old windows paint to fill in the sheets. And, I used board member Inkmo's patch sheet which he refers to as a "recipe card". Yeah I can't wait to upgrade to DS10+ either. I've been waiting for the 3DS to come out so people will start trading in DSi's and I can get one for a reduced price.

Inkmo

Post by Inkmo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:56 am

Oh wow someone's using my template! I'm psyched!

I've been playing with some of these. The chimes/weird strings are super cool, but they seem to have broken as soon as I added that kick drum you made. When I go back into the kick drum and remove its patch cables, the string sound comes back strong and clear. Huh... I think you overloaded it! :shock:
J Kantz

Image Image Image

AudioArtist

Post by AudioArtist » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:35 am

Ha Ha! Yeah that chime/string sound is very touchy, it's also a b**** to nail down, so congrats!
I've been hoping you would chime in so that I could properly thank you for creating that patch sheet / "recipe card"
Thank You!!!
Also watch out for the '70's Keys/Elec. Piano, it has a nasty habit of altering pitch in odd intervals sometimes.
Sometimes with my some patches I have to stop playback and adjust the EG int and then put it back and that fixes things. Other times it doesn't matter which pattern you start with or if you play the song from the beginning in song mode the '70's keys will be out of tune. When that happens I just have to save and close the session and reopen it and everything is alright again. I don't know, maybe I did break it. With enough patience I've been able to make everything work eventually though.
But, yet again, Thank You Inkmo!!