Erm, FX assigning?

damnie

Erm, FX assigning?

Post by damnie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 pm

I really apologise if this is really bleeding obvious - but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to assign separate FX to synths 1 and 2?

If I go to the FX screen, select the synth in question, then apply say, a chorus, then click the second synth to then add a flanger, it then applies chorus to synth 1 instead of allowing me to add the flanger to synth 2. If I then go and change synth 2 to a flanger, synth 1 then uses the flanger too :cry: Is there some magical order I need to do this in?

What strikes me as odd is that it's perfectly simple enough to apply a separate effect to each drum pad (via the edit button on the drums screen), as well as overall via the FX screen.

I don't want to have to use one effect for both synths. Put me out of my misery :|

Geolm

Re: Erm, FX assigning?

Post by Geolm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Sadly you can't set up a fx per synth, you have to deal with one fx per deck. You can use a fx per drums but that's due to the fact that drums are samples and so fx will be sampled too...

damnie

Post by damnie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks for the prompt answer mate - bit of a bummer that :(

I've found that the chorus is really good for fattening/widening sounds (I've even made a passable hoover) so I will have to stick with two phat synths or none at all :p

Though I've kind of gotten around this by loading a patch into a drum pad, and then using the Kaoss to automate a pitch change.

Funnily enough, these limitations are what I miss about the good old days of 4 channel trackers :lol:

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Yup chorus is possibly quite crucial for a ds-10 hoover...

http://soundcloud.com/ds10dominator/ds- ... ngle-storm
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator