I spy.

trnsprnt

I spy.

Post by trnsprnt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Just finished this one.

Syscrusher

Re: I spy.

Post by Syscrusher » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Nice! Perhaps my favourite by you so far. Very cinematic. The tones are deep and the track is full of intrigue. I love that thick lead sound. Very cool. The piano sound is great too. Does it stay piano sounding in lower registers as well? That's the hard part I find. In any case I'd love to see the patch.

I find the kick sound a little incongruous though. I kept wanting to hear a deeper kick. Other than that (very small) caveat...Awesome!

The visuals remind me of that Canadian film "Cube" where a bunch of strangers wake up in a 10'x10' room with doors on each wall that lead to identical rooms - except some of the rooms are very creative death traps.

It also reminds me of "Get Smart" a little.

trnsprnt

Post by trnsprnt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 pm

Wow, thank you very much for your words, Syscrusher. This track evolved from that track I shared here some weeks ago, Pattern 17, so that lead sound you like came a bit from there. The piano doesn't stay piano if you lower it, unfortunately. My digital camera broke, but I'll take a picture of the patch and share it here when I have the chance to.

I agree that the kick would be better if it evolved into something bigger, but I've always had problems with drums...

I agree with the Cube comparison! I used to love that movie when I was a teenager, very different from anything I had previously watched. I heard the sequel isn't very good and that it happens in a Hypercube. And I agree aswell with the Get smart reference! I hadn't thought about that, even if it now looks very obvious. Anyway I just took the first gif that seemed to fit with the music. Tried to make it a bit darker with windows movie maker (sigh...) but the result was crap, so I just left it as it is.

WarpToken

Post by WarpToken » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 am

My fave of yours so far! Cool piano tone...wish it was featured a bit more in this song...more than two or 3 notes being played with it.
Scope out my music!!
http://soundcloud.com/warptoken