Korg DS-10 Plus Live Mixing (Artist Showcase)

AnthonySeeha

Korg DS-10 Plus Live Mixing (Artist Showcase)

Post by AnthonySeeha » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey everybody, I made a DS-10 mix! I put this together for a performance at my school last week. If I ever play a live set anywhere, this is what I'll play. Creating this mix wasn't all that difficult. I just wrote out the order of the songs and then figured out how they fit together. Overall, it sounds pretty great to me. Criticism is welcome.

'The Seventh' is a song that I'm currently working on. I don't want it to turn out like a practice song! >.<

I'll upload an audio file of the mix sometime tomorrow. I'm out of town right now.

xGx

Re: Korg DS-10 Plus Live Mixing (Artist Showcase)

Post by xGx » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 pm

This is allot like what im working on for my first live performance, although yours is allot better planned than mine is at the moment. I am writing songs at the moment but I dont have very many single patterns that repeat by themselves to connect songs together where as you seem really good at writing them. I want to personally thank you myself for posting this up as this will help me allot and I shall do the same with my material when its finished.

i liked every moment of this although the very start, starting with the basic beginning pattern was weird and I was thinking "what the hell is he doing?" Although when you added the delay it sounded mega awesome, and it became very surprising.

I noticed you make your changes every 4 bars, which will help longetivity to your songs, so far I make changes every bar and my patterns become sets of 4 making my songs rather short. Again this information helps me allot.

Once more thank you for sharing this, I have learned so much from this viewing. All of these things were idea's I wished to incorporate when I was ready but seeing it now in action is exactly what I needed to plan ahead.

powerrave

Post by powerrave » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:10 pm

that was seriously amazing! DUDE!

when will the songs be available?
my RP forum. yeah... pretty much all i need a sig for.

DifficultListening

Post by DifficultListening » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 am

I'm ten minutes into the journey, and I wish I didn't have to go away from the computer! Lovely grooves. I envy your skill in making tracks flow and evolve... you really have a knack for keeping all the plates in the air.

bryface

Post by bryface » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 am

hey Anthony, great mix. i think the coolest part is how you begin the mix like you're starting a song from scratch. it's a nice and succinct way of conveying to an audience the DS-10 song-making process.

it also helps your songs all have a consistent style, which makes mixing a whole lot more feasible. my songs vary so wildly that i think i would shoot myself eight times if i had to make a mix out of them.

if you do get a chance to do a live performance, be sure to try and get a live overhead video feed going - that way the audience can fully appreciate what goes into doing a live mix, instead of asking if you just hit play.

Geolm

Post by Geolm » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

That is a great mix, I really enjoyed listening to it and I loved the start (it's for all ds10 composers memory I suppose). I'd like to know how did you synchronize bpm? Did you have a way to listen to only one DSi like a DJ does or do you know your songs perfectly?

Infininja

Post by Infininja » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 am

Geolm wrote:That is a great mix, I really enjoyed listening to it and I loved the start (it's for all ds10 composers memory I suppose). I'd like to know how did you synchronize bpm? Did you have a way to listen to only one DSi like a DJ does or do you know your songs perfectly?
You can see he changes the BPM a couple times during the mix. It seems to be just a matter of timing when you hit the X button to get it to play at the right time.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Awe some.

And much respect for basically working with 4 decks ... that would confuse the hell out of me :D.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Posted it on http://www.facebook.com/ds10dominator
people love it.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

powerrave

Post by powerrave » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 am

No kidding. someone would have to be stupid to not like this.
my RP forum. yeah... pretty much all i need a sig for.