Infininja - Buzzcut

Infininja

Infininja - Buzzcut

Post by Infininja » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:33 am

So for whatever reason I've been reluctant to post anything I've been working on here. Maybe it's because I didn't really get a response to my EP, maybe it's because there always seems to be one aspect of a song I think people won't like, but I'm usually unwilling to change. That aspect here is that it's really based off of one pattern repeated for 4 minutes. :mrgreen: That's by design in this song, so I doubt it will go through any big compositional changes, but I'm open to suggestions. Most of what I want to improve is the mixing, and a few things I messed up while recording.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. :oops:

http://soundcloud.com/infininja/buzzcut

xGx

Re: Infininja - Buzzcut

Post by xGx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 am

Well I was skeptical straight away from reading the idea you had to create this piece, but thought there was hope it might be a rather intresting experiance. Upon starting the song it takes 1 minute and 18 seconds for anything at all to happen and all that time I was waiting, listening to the single droning note been hammered over and over AND OVER again...

Personally I dont think this idea worked, this time. I dont think any single pattern alone could be intresting enough even for 2 minutes let alone 4 but if I were to attempt it myself I would definately of done absolutely anything but one repeated note. I would of made variations of that one pattern aswell in other patterns. A gated version, one with pitch bending... etc the possibilities are numerous.

powerrave

Post by powerrave » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:56 am

Song felt a bit weird. The later part was interesting, but it's not something I would like to listen to much.
my RP forum. yeah... pretty much all i need a sig for.

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:36 pm

xGx wrote:Personally I dont think this idea worked, this time. I dont think any single pattern alone could be intresting enough even for 2 minutes let alone 4 but if I were to attempt it myself I would definately of done absolutely anything but one repeated note. I would of made variations of that one pattern aswell in other patterns. A gated version, one with pitch bending... etc the possibilities are numerous.
@xGx - Check out my tune "Approach and Identify" if you like. From 2:03 to 5:42 is one pattern repeated. That's 3:39 seconds of one pattern. Mind you I spent a lot of time on patching and the pattern ended up being quite complex. I'd be interested to know what you think - is it still too repetitive etc...?

http://ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7& ... d+identify

@Infininja - I like the concept (obviously) however, although I like minimalism, I have to agree with xGx that this needs a little more action sooner to grab the ear. There is a lot one can do through patching to make a single pattern come alive.