Grundy is new here.

Grundy

Grundy is new here.

Post by Grundy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi al,

I'm Grundy.
When in was a kid, in ages past, i made music using ripping samples from Magix Music makers, stretching and messing them up with Cooledit and then drench them in videogame speech samples.

A year ago, my uncle borrowed me his DS with some illegal software. one of the programs was Korg DS10 and from that moment it was ON! I have been making tracks ever since. Some of these i will share. Others just dont feel right enough.

When making music i like to try out different styles. Almost all my songs are branched from other songs. When i work on a track i stumble on something cool and then save that on a different file for later to evolve. It's really a kind of adam and eve story then. And i am mostly interested in how others come up with their songs.

http://soundcloud.com/grundy-music

Grundy

Re: Grundy is new here.

Post by Grundy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Also:
Grundy is just an alias. My real name is Thomas.
I am 27 years old and studied game design. I am currently setting up a little game studio.
After usingmy uncle' DS is purchased 2 DS (1 EU DSI and 1 US 3DS) and multiple copies of US DS10+.
Funny how piracy works out sometimes.

Finally. My recordings sound really bad and i am looking for ways/tools to improve on that.

Acid

Post by Acid » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Welcome!

I like what you do! :) I have done similar to those at the beginning. Keep it up. Do not be afraid to dismantle all the Korg ds10. : D
smacking snares & smacking kiss :)

Grundy

Post by Grundy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for the advice! I think we never know where we end up but that is okay as long as we enjoy the road.

Acid

Post by Acid » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:10 am

This is true. :) We just wanted to refer to a surprisingly large number of sound is ds10.
smacking snares & smacking kiss :)