Hello.

thomas4th

Hello.

Post by thomas4th » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:56 am

Hello. After lurking here for some time, I think an official introduction is in order.

My name is Thomas, as you might have guessed. I came across DS-10+ within the last year or so as a result of my growing interest in synthesizers and electronic music. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, so my first-generation DS has lain about neglected for some time. Lacking the financial resources for a keyboard synthesizer, I saw DS-10+ as a way to become accustomed to the principles of synthesis and composition while also getting some use out of my old DS.

Music has been a part of my life since childhood - I took piano lessons from elementary school through early high school, although I ashamedly admit I have neglected the instrument in recent years. In high school, I picked up the electric guitar and bass, having been introduced by my mother to bands like Cream, The Beatles, and Led Zeppelin (thanks, Mom!). In late high school and college, my musical awareness began to expand rapidly thanks to the Internet. I took a couple of semesters' worth of music theory in college, though little of it "stuck"; I wish I had applied myself more diligently.

Having now graduated (insert "School's Out" here), I am looking to make up for lost time and develop my skills in composition and production while continuing to expand my horizons musically. I don't ever see myself pursuing music as a career - at 24, I still consider myself very much a novice - but it is a passion which only grows as my understanding and ability increase. I see music as a way for me to express myself artistically and combine my love of great music with my lifelong fascination with technology. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you - it's obvious that this community contains a lot of talent.

P.S. - I swear I'm not usually this formal; you'll find me much more laid-back in general. :)

Burnkit2600

Re: Hello.

Post by Burnkit2600 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm

salutations formal thomas! go make some beats!
get thee to thine new album: Sonic Sanctuary!
and join us in our quest for the human pulse in the machine:
[burnkit2600.com ][ facebook ][ music ][ video ]

Decktonic

Post by Decktonic » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:00 pm

welcome!
THISISDECKTONIC.com | [url=ttp://soundcloud.com/decktonic]latest tracks[/url] | releases

fentonfonic

Post by fentonfonic » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Welcome Thomas!